Senior Front End Developer
Marketing is a challenge for most online merchants. Even if you sell a great product, it can be tough to get the word out about your business. Taking the time to not only build and run marketing campaigns, but also learn best practices and make your campaigns effective across numerous channels, is a lot to ask on top of running a store.
That’s where Kit comes in. Kit is a fully automated virtual employee that helps Shopify merchants with their business. For many merchants, Kit is their first hire (and probably their best, because Kit always shows up on time, and never steals the good snacks in the office🍩🍪🍫🍿). Kit was built to manage small businesses’ marketing tasks, so that entrepreneurs can focus on doing what they love; creating incredible products. Merchants talk to Kit via multiple messaging platforms including SMS, Facebook Messenger, and Telegram.
For this role, you'll need to have experience with:
- Building maintainable and scalable CSS, with familiarity in architecture patterns like BEM, SMACSS, or other
- Working in a cross-discipline environment with designers and other developers to produce and vet ideas and prototype early concepts
It would be great if you had experience with:
- Rails-oriented developer tools or integrating front end into a Rails application
- Educating, scaling, or collaborating on new techniques, technologies, and processes within a company or community
- Deep dives in specific client-side areas, for example animations, performance, accessibility
- Collaborating on projects or providing mentorship on the stack you love
- Providing highly effective code reviews and peer support
- Critically evaluating a front end framework
You'll be working on things like:
- Using our Rails stack to integrate front end into the development lifecycle
- Building applications that are responsive, performant, and accessible
- Learning the latest front end technologies and standards to ensure we are always using the best techniques possible
- Collaborating with other disciplines across engineering, UX, and Product to help develop front end solutions to merchant problems
- Being an advocate throughout the company for great UX
- Learn full stack and front end development through peer mentorship and collaboration
Here's how to apply:
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. Please address your cover letter to Verne Ho and include a link to something you're proud of: a portfolio, code samples and/or Github account.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Front End Development jobs are posted.