About the role
Shopify's Front End Development Team is working not only on improving the company’s product, but also on increasing their calibre over time. This is a long term vision founded on a number of practices — from encouraging individual autonomy and deep learning, to congratulating team members when they’ve done a great job. We want to continue to build a talented team of Front End Developers who will own their role, work hard to improve themselves and encourage others to do the same.
You'll need to have experience with:
- Building maintainable and scalable CSS, with familiarity in architecture patterns like BEM, SMACSS, or other
- Working in a cross-discipline environment with designers and other developers to produce and vet ideas and prototype early concepts
It would be great if you had experience with:
- Rails-oriented developer tools or integrating front end into a Rails application
- Educating, scaling, or collaborating on new techniques, technologies, and processes within a company or community
- Deep dives in specific client-side areas, for example animations, performance, accessibility
- Collaborating on projects or providing mentorship on the stack you love
- Providing highly effective code reviews and peer support
- Critically evaluating a front end framework
You'll be working on things like:
- Using our Rails stack to integrate front end into the development lifecycle
- Building applications that are responsive, performant, and accessible
- Learning the latest front end technologies and standards to ensure we are always using the best techniques possible
- Collaborating with other disciplines across engineering, UX, and Product to help develop front end solutions to merchant problems
- Being an advocate throughout the company for great UX
- Learn full stack and front end development through peer mentorship and collaboration
Here's how to apply:
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. Please address your cover letter to Monika Piotrowicz and include a link to something you're proud of: a portfolio, code samples and/or Github account.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.