Senior Front End Developer - Internal Tools
As Shopify continues to grow, we face more and more challenges around information sharing within the company. We need to continue to communicate our work, learn from other teams, stay aligned, and feel connected - no matter what our scale is. We’re building tooling to help Shopifiers share information and updates, find the information they need to get things done, and stay connected with each other in an ever-growing company.
Our internal tools are used every day by Shopify employees. We’re looking for someone to help us make sure that these tools are performant, accessible, and built for the long-term.
For this role, you’ll need experience with;
- Building maintainable and scalable CSS, with familiarity in architectural patterns like BEM or SMACSS.
- Collaborating with other developers to see features through from ideation to shipping.
It would be great if you had experience with;
- Rails-oriented developer tools or integrating front end into a Rails application.
- Educating, scaling, or collaborating on new techniques, technologies, and processes within a company or community.
- Deep dives in specific client-side areas, for example animations, performance, accessibility.
- Collaborating on projects or providing mentorship on the stack you love.
- Providing highly effective code reviews and peer support.
- Critically evaluating a front end framework.
What you’ll be working on;
- Collaborating with the team to build tools and features used internally by other Shopifiers.
- Bringing components and best practices from core Shopify into our internal apps.
- Building a long-term solution for sharing static assets across our internal apps.
- Ensuring our internal apps are mobile-friendly and accessible for everyone at Shopify.
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce at Shopify, click the “Apply Now” button to submit your application. Please address your application to Greg Thorpe.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is *this* close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Front End Development jobs are posted.