Senior Front End Developer, Shopify Plus
Shopify Plus’ mission is to make commerce better for high-volume, high-growth merchants like Tesla, Kylie Cosmetics, RedBull, Kanye West, Subway, and many more. We believe our merchants should love their commerce platform, and we’re having fun each day making that happen. Shopify's Front End Development Team is working not only on improving the company’s product, but also on increasing their calibre over time. This is a long term vision founded on a number of practices — from encouraging individual autonomy and deep learning, to congratulating team members when they’ve done a great job. We want to continue to build a talented team of Front End Developers who will own their role, work hard to improve themselves and encourage others to do the same.
You'll need to have experience with:
- Building maintainable and scalable CSS, with familiarity in architecture patterns like BEM, SMACSS, or other
- Working in a cross-discipline environment with designers and other developers to produce and vet ideas and prototype early concepts
- Deep dives in specific client-side areas, for example animations, performance, accessibility
It would be great if you had experience with:
- Rails-oriented developer tools or integrating front end into a Rails application
- Educating, scaling, or collaborating on new techniques, technologies, and processes within a company or community
- Collaborating on projects or providing mentorship on the technology stack you love
- Providing highly effective code reviews and peer support
- Critically evaluating front end frameworks
You'll be working on things like:
- Using our Rails stack to integrate front end into the development lifecycle
- Building applications that are responsive, performant, and accessible
- Learning the latest front end technologies and standards to ensure we are always using the best techniques possible
- Collaborating with other disciplines across engineering, UX, and Product to help develop front end solutions to merchant problems
- Being an advocate throughout the company for great UX
- Learning full stack and front end development through peer mentorship and collaboration
Here's how to apply:
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. Include a few samples of your work: portfolio, wireframes, UX flows, publications, or whatever represents what you do best.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Front End Development jobs are posted.