About the role
Shopify is the world’s fastest growing commerce platform, with no plans to slow down.
We’re looking for senior front end developers with a passion for solving tough problems with performant code. We ship on quality instead of on time. Our teams deploy new code many times a day, and our production scale is massive. We’re talking 1 million merchants, and hundreds of millions of requests a day. Our one million merchants (and counting!) will see your work within seconds – a humbling and incredibly rewarding responsibility.
The Stockholm team is working on a stealth new project - you’ll be one of the 50 founding members (and growing!) spread across Stockholm, Toronto and Montreal offices. You will work closely with the software engineering team, designers and product managers to create, build and grow this new consumer-facing product. Sailing in new and uncharted waters means one thing - lots of problems to solve and opportunities to learn.
The tools we use on a daily basis include: React and React Native using Typescript GraphQL, and Swift / Objective C and Java / Kotlin.
What you will do
- Develop and maintain a cross-platform application built in React Native
- Collaborate with other disciplines across Engineering, UX, and Product to help develop front-end solutions for the new product
- Advocate for great UX
- Write and maintain unit and integration tests
- Learn the latest front-end technologies and standards to ensure we are always using the best tools and techniques possible
Relevant experience for the role
- Working on diverse teams
- Providing highly effective code reviews and peer support
- Doing performance optimizations on complex client-side applications
- Bonus! Swift / Kotlin experience is a nice to have but not necessary
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce at Shopify, click the “Apply Now” button to submit your application.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Danée looks forward to reading your application.
Applications due: 13 December 2019, 17:00 CET
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
|Backend Developer||Engineering and Development||Stockholm, Sweden|