About the role
Shopify is the world’s fastest growing commerce platform, with no plans to slow down.
We’re looking for senior front end developers with a passion for solving challenging problems with performant code.
Our teams deploy new code many times a day, and our production scale is massive. We’re talking 1M online stores, and hundreds of millions of requests a day. Shipping quality instead of on time is one of our beliefs. Thousands of merchants will see your work within seconds – a big but incredibly rewarding responsibility.
The Stockholm team is leading the build of a stealth (secret!) new product from scratch along with two teams in Toronto and Montreal, Canada who work on Arrive App and Shop Pay. On this team, you will will be directly contributing to how this new consumer-facing product performs, looks and feels in collaboration with the engineers, designers and product managers, and data scientists on the team.
Sailing in new and uncharted waters is exciting and means there are lots of problems to solve, lots of opportunities to learn and experiment, and the support along the way.
The tools we use on a daily basis include: React and React Native using Typescript, GraphQL, and Swift / Objective C and Java / Kotlin.
Skills & experience you have
- React (and/or React Native). If React Native isn't in your toolbox right now, that's ok. We'd love it if you're willing to learn it with us!
- Fluent in git and version control
- Providing highly effective code reviews and peer support
- Working on diverse teams
- Doing performance optimizations on complex client-side applications
What you will be doing
- Developing and maintaining a cross-platform application built in React and React Native
- Collaborating with other disciplines across Engineering, UX, and Product to help develop front-end solutions for the new product
- Advocating for great UX
- Writing and maintaining unit and integration tests
- Learning the latest front-end technologies and standards to ensure we are always using the best tools and techniques possible
- Using your curiosity to explore and experiment!
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce at Shopify, click the “Apply Now” button to submit your application.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Danée looks forward to reading your application.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
|Mobile Development at Shopify (Expression of Interest)||Engineering and Development||Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Vancouver, Waterloo, New York, San Francisco, Berlin, Stockholm, Vilnius, Singapore, Remote|
|Software Development at Shopify (Expression of Interest)||Engineering and Development||Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Vancouver, Waterloo, New York, San Francisco, Berlin, Stockholm, Vilnius, Singapore, Remote|
|Backend Developer||Engineering and Development||Stockholm, Sweden|