About the role
The first Shopify store was our own. It was opened by a couple of entrepreneurs inside a coffee shop in Ottawa, Canada way back in 2006. Since then, Shopify has grown to support merchants in over 175 different countries! We’re constantly hearing from our merchants about the opportunity for Shopify in their home markets and as the International team, our mission is to help make commerce better for everyone, everywhere in the world.
We’re looking for someone to join our International team with the aim of growing and localizing Shopify’s in-market in France and Germany. Based in our Berlin office, you’ll work across our global Marketing teams in Canada to form and execute on marketing and growth strategies.
You will need to be product-minded with a serious appetite for growth and experimentation. Success is measured by accelerating Shopify’s growth of SMBs and entrepreneurs, using your knowledge of marketing and acquisition activities across paid and organic channels.
Requirements for the role:
- A passion for analytics and experience with the tools/resources used to measure success (Google Analytics, A/B testing tools etc)
- A strong understanding of content strategy, including SEO principles
- Hands-on experience growing an online audience in some capacity (it could be anything digital - a blog, an app, an Instagram account, a video etc.)
- Strong understanding of the France or German e-commerce or retail landscape (e.g. merchant, payments, logistics, agency)
- Some experience working in or with marketing agencies (creative, design, marketing)
- Adaptability in a rapidly growing, constantly changing environment
- Proficient in English, as well as French or German (both written and oral)
- Entrepreneurial mind; if you’ve started a business of your own before that would be great!
- Experience using any of the following tools: Tableau, Mode, Optimizely, Google/FB ad management platforms
- Worked in a start-up, ecommerce or the tech industry
- Experience with out of home marketing (e.g. TV, print)
- Used the Shopify platform - as a partner or merchant
What you’ll be working on:
- Developing a localization strategy through content marketing (e.g. Shopify blog, brochure, case studies) including translation management either in-house or third-party agencies
- Running ongoing localization experiments using AB test and learn frameworks on Shopify properties to improve funnel conversion rates and mitigate churn
- Coordinating with Shopify’s global marketing team and local marketing agencies (as needed) on paid marketing spend across Google, Facebook and effective local channels
- Managing regional social platform growth strategies (e.g. FB groups, Twitter)
- Aligning with our top partners to develop joint-marketing campaigns, promotions and press opportunities
- Coordinating and hosting merchant and partner centric meetups including managing sponsorship opportunities
- Supporting the Country Manager on Shopify’s brand and PR opportunities to support local and global messaging, feature rollouts and developing regional thought leadership
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Julia is looking forward to reading your application!