Senior Launch Consultant - German/French/English
- London, United Kingdom
- Sales and Account Management
Opportunity is not evenly distributed. Shopify puts independence within reach for anyone with a dream to start a business. We propel entrepreneurs and enterprises to scale the heights of their potential. Since 2006, we’ve grown to 10,000 employees and generated over $496 billion in sales for millions of merchants in 175 countries.
This is life-defining work that directly impacts people’s lives as much as it transforms your own. This is putting the power of the few in the hands of the many, is a future with more voices rather than fewer, and is creating more choices instead of an elite option.
Moving at our pace brings a lot of change, complexity, and ambiguity—and a little bit of chaos. Shopifolk thrive on that and are comfortable being uncomfortable. That means Shopify is not the right place for everyone.
- Care deeply about what you do and about making commerce better for everyone
- Excel by seeking professional and personal hypergrowth
- Keep up with an unrelenting pace (the week, not the quarter)
- Be resilient and resourceful in face of ambiguity and thrive on (rather than endure) change
- Bring critical thought and opinion
- Embrace differences and disagreement to get shit done and move forward
- Work digital-first for your daily work
About the role
About the role
Shopify Plus is making enterprise commerce simple. We give high growth, high volume merchants the scalability, reliability and flexibility they need. Shopify Plus is helping power commerce for companies like Nine West, Staples, Lindt and many more. We believe large merchants should love their commerce platform and we work hard each day to make that happen.
Launch Consulting plays a crucial role in onboarding the largest and fastest-growing merchants to Shopify Plus and Shopify Retail. We break down technical barriers, guide merchants, and ensure successful onboarding. With a strong aptitude in stakeholder management and navigating complex relationships, we consult with merchants on novel and intricate functionality and integrations.
Launch Consultants manage a portfolio of merchants, provide guidance throughout the launch journey and act as a trusted advisor and technical expert. In parallel, we build and maintain relationships with adjacent teams within Shopify, such as RnD, Solution Engineering, Sales and Merchant Success. Launch Consulting contributes to the growth and success of our merchants, helping them leverage the Shopify platform to its fullest potential.
Projects, activities, and expectations of your role include:
- Helping merchants go live on Shopify Plus by offering timely and tailored technical consultation (e.g. guidance on topics like data migration, 3rd party integrations, front end development, etc.)
- Helping optimise internal processes through feedback and initiatives
- Being a constant learner by owning your own development and and staying up to date with the latest Shopify product updates and industry trends
- Being a role model in the team by always operating at a high standard, displaying integrity, and mentoring others
- Becoming a thought leader when it comes to commerce and provide best practices to our customers
- Aligning with product and RnD teams on future roadmaps and sharing feedback on released features and customer trends
- Collaborating with Launch leadership in driving continuous improvements to ensure successful launches and set merchants up for long term success
- Native/bilingual or full professional proficiency in English, German or French (high proficiency in English is needed for the German and French roles too)
- Excellent web API knowledge and client-side development experience
- Experience with application ecosystems and integrating 3rd party technologies
- Solid understanding of Cloud-based technologies and SaaS fundamentals
- Great troubleshooting and analytical skills combined with the desire to tackle challenges head-on
- Agile project management experience
- Deep commerce knowledge of European and international markets
- Excellent time management and prioritisation
- Excellent communication skills including great video conference presence with confidence handling executive-level conversations
- Travel for customer on-site visits and events will be expected in the range of 10%
- Previous experience providing technical consulting for ecommerce businesses
- Working knowledge of Shopify API (REST and GraphQL)
- Experience with migrating large or complex data sets
- Understanding of technical strategy for operating and growing a commerce business
- Entrepreneurial experience or building apps on Shopify
- Familiarity with version control systems and development environments
- Working with Liquid, the Shopify templating language
- Educating merchants on optimal online store setup and technical stack