|Location||North America - Remote|
About the role
Shopify’s mission is to make commerce better for everyone. As of today, Shopify has over 1,000,000 merchants across 175+ countries using our software to set up and run their businesses across multiple sales channels including: web, mobile, social media, marketplaces, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops. To top it off, from 2016 to 2018, businesses on Shopify contributed $183 billion in economic activity worldwide.
Shopify is searching for a dynamic leader to initiate our growth across Latin America (LATAM) to bring the best possible commerce experience to entrepreneurs and small businesses in the region. Commerce is evolving at a rapid pace in this part of the world and the need to capture and incorporate its uniqueness is critical to our success.
Why is this exciting?
- As the lead of Shopify for LATAM, you will help Shopify design and deliver a uniquely authentic experience for merchants across the region; developing content to promote entrepreneurship, supporting through human conversations, and creating a localized product experience, all tailored to the local market
- There are only a few times in our lives when we will truly have the opportunity to make a huge impact and fully use our skills to contribute at a global scale. You’ll have the creative freedom to shape the world of commerce, and the chance to work with some of the best in the business.
- As Senior Lead for LATAM, you will be responsible for authoring Shopify’s expansion into LATAM to make Shopify the leading commerce platform for entrepreneurs and SMBs
- You will set regional growth targets for LATAM and lead growth strategies for our most important markets including: partnerships (product, agency) and marketing (brand, PR, events, content)
- You will inform Shopify’s country specific product roadmaps including go-to-market plans
- You will hire and lead a team of high performing individuals and managers across a variety of functions including: product, partnerships, and growth
- You will publicly represent the Shopify brand through media interviews, participation in conferences, and regular communication with our merchants and partners
Requirements for the Role:
- You have hired and managed high performing, cross functional individual contributors and people leads across domains of expertise including: marketing, growth, RnD and support
- Have led team across multiple geographies (ideally USA/Canada and LATAM) including remote employees or have been a remote employee yourself
- Been accountable for setting and managing a budget: including headcount planning as well as setting and meeting financial targets
- Experience working in a software company (SaaS is a plus) or experience working in the digital commerce space or a related industry (e.g. payments, logistics, retail POS)
- Experience working for a global or multinational company (possibly even remote to HQ)
- Willingness to complete day-to-day tasks, follow your curiosity, identify strategic opportunities or gaps, dive deep into complex problem spaces, develop a data informed position, build thoughtful recommendations and champion ideas to create change across Leadership
- You believe in leading by influence, not authority and making those around you better
- Ability to ruthlessly prioritize while managing multiple strategic initiatives at one time
- You are a strong multilingual communicator (ideally English, Portuguese, and Spanish) with strong written and oral communication skills (feel free to include examples like videos or blog posts in your application)
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Brennan is looking forward to reading your application. This posting will close on Friday, February 21st at 12pm EST.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.