About the role
At Shopify, we empower 800,000+ entrepreneurs all over the world. We're looking for hard-working, passionate people to help us make commerce better for everyone. For over 10 years we have been super driven when it comes to using data insights to help inform our product direction and make things better for our merchants.
Currently a market leader in checkout innovation for the industry, Shopify’s Online Store and Checkout teams support hundreds of thousands of merchants and millions of consumers. Our unique platform is scaled to support some of the largest sales in the world.
This Data leadership role is at the core of the kind of impact we can have on our merchants' day to day success. By building better models and deeper insights into our merchants behaviour we can help make more successful entrepreneurs!
You will need to have experience with :
- Building narratives around merchant behaviour at scale using data that you collect and analyze
- Acting as a sparring partner to our product managers regarding the use of data in order to make informed product decisions
- Planning, executing and analyzing A/B experiments
- Automating recurring analysis requests
- Strong development experience with Python
- Experience mentoring and leading a team of experienced Data Scientists
That would be great if you have :
- Previous experience working in Data Engineering
- Experience with statistical methods like regression, GLMs or experiment design and analysis
- Exposure to Tableau, QlikView, Mode, Matplotlib, or similar data visualization tools
Closing date: August 30th, 2019 at 5pm EDT
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
|Senior Data Developer - Machine Learning Platforms||Data Science and Engineering||Montreal - Office|