About the role
Shopify has redefined commerce, raising the standard for how companies of all sizes sell their products and services online and off. With 1,000,000 merchants in more than 175 different countries, and the most innovative platform on the market, we continue to grow rapidly while constantly looking for new ways to impact and disrupt markets.
Our Shipping & Fulfillment Finance team is looking for a Senior Manager to fill a new role, focused on strategic business planning, analysis and decision support for a high priority strategic initiative - the Shopify Fulfillment Network (SFN). The Shopify Fulfillment Network is a dispersed network of fulfillment centers, powered by machine learning to ensure fast, low cost delivery, and was announced at Shopify Unite in June 2019.
For this highly visible role, we are looking for someone who enjoys big challenges and can apply their strategic expertise, analytical acumen, and leadership skills in order to support and drive the initiative’s growth.
This role will be based out of the Shopify / 6 River Systems’s Boston office, and will require about 10-20% travel.
- Own overall strategic business planning and ongoing model development for the Shopify Fulfillment Network
- Partner closely with the Shopify Fulfillment Network leadership, product, commercial, data science and operational teams on an ongoing basis in order to align, inform, and guide key decisions
- Conduct ongoing investigation and analysis to identify improvements to unit economics in the network, and work with the operational teams to executeIdentify and develop key performance indicators to measure success as the SFN scales
- Identify value creation opportunities both within SFN and with our partners
- Assess key strategic moves and special projects, including potential partnerships, M&A and the like
- Communicate the strategic business plan, model and related topics throughout the SFN team, and more broadly across Shopify
- Lead, coach, and develop a high performing team, and teach and mentor more broadly across the organization
Requirements for the role:
- Significant experience with a top tier consulting firm or equivalent experience in private equity or similar corporate roles. MBA preferred but not required
- Proven track record of driving significant impact in complex business situations
- Deep expertise in strategic business planning, financial modeling, and investment case development
- Excellent business judgment with a combination of strategic and operational thinking, and strong bias towards action
- Strong communication skills at all levels, and comfort partnering and consulting with executives across functions on a regular basis
- Outstanding people management and interpersonal skills, and a highly collaborative approach
- Ability to thrive in a rapid growth, fast-moving environment, and a high degree of comfort with ambiguity
- Track record of team leadership across multiple engagements or initiatives, and excellent managerial skills.
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. We know looking for a new role can be both exciting and time-consuming, and we truly appreciate your effort. We are looking forward to learning more about you through your application.
Please note that applications will close on February 18th at 4PM EST
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
|Senior Analyst - Finance Projects||Legal and Finance||New York City, United States|