About the role
Shopify has redefined commerce. We’ve raised the standard for how businesses of all sizes operate, market, and sell their products and services. With over 800,000 merchants in more than 175 different countries, we continue to grow while looking for innovative ways to impact the market.
Market Insights is Shopify’s in-house market research team. We help product and service lines make strategic and tactical decisions by conducting primary and secondary research that leads to clear, actionable recommendations. Our team consists of researchers from various backgrounds, including marketing, communications, cultural anthropology, and experimental psychology.
We are looking for a market researcher with supplier-side experience who is passionate about the world of commerce and the needs of its multiple audiences.
Requirements for the role:
- Ability to identify the most appropriate research methods and tools to use depending on project objectives and constraints;
- Exceptional quantitative and qualitative market research skills, including project management, proposal writing, research design, sampling, questionnaire writing, data analysis, and report writing;
- Prior supplier-side research experience with demonstrated client impact;
- Proficiency with research tools, including data analysis software (e.g. SPSS, R, MAXQDA, NVivo, Microsoft Excel), survey tools (e.g. SurveyGizmo, Typeform), data analysis and visualization platforms (e.g. Mode Analytics, Tableau, Google Analytics);
- Ability to clearly communicate evidence-based recommendations;
- Deep understanding of the end-to-end iterative product and service design process;
- Great organizational and interpersonal skills, with proven success building relationships across all levels.
- Collaborating with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Managing all stages of the research process, from proposal writing to questionnaire development to the presentation of results.
- You’ll get to apply a range of quantitative and qualitative research methods with creativity, scrappiness, and critical thinking (e.g., competitive intelligence, surveys, experiments, in-depth interviewing, focus groups, database research, etc.)
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Closing date: Monday, November 11th at 9am EDT.
|Senior Product Content Strategist - Shopify Plus||UX and Design||Waterloo, Canada|
|Product Content Strategist - Shopify Plus||UX and Design||Waterloo, Canada|
|Product Content Strategist||UX and Design||Waterloo, Canada|
|UX Manager, Shopify Plus||UX and Design||Waterloo, Canada|
|Senior Product Designer - Localization||UX and Design||Waterloo, Montreal|