About the role
Shopify has redefined commerce by raising the standard for how companies of all sizes sell their products and services. To help power 1,000,000+ merchants in more than 175 different countries, Shopify is always growing and finding new ways to create more value for commerce businesses around the world.
As a Senior Marketing Content Strategist at Shopify, you will create and iterate on the experiences that make up the core journeys of our merchants. You’ll translate your love of language, penchant for problem solving, and sense of storytelling to craft meaningful, useful experiences. Your goals? Educate, motivate, and convert. You’ll use your varied writing background and experience to write for projects big and small. A shapeshifter at heart, you’ll be able to channel different voices and across many touchpoints, while effectively balancing our business goals with those of our merchants. Drawing on a proven history of collaborating across teams and disciplines, you’ll be a bridge builder and a dot connector. You’ll use your love of helping others and sharing knowledge to help the team learn and grow.
📢Note: While this role is marketing-focused, this isn't a content marketing or social media role.
Requirements for the role:
- Deep experience in dedicated digital writing, preferably in a role where you’ve communicated digital products and features to a variety of audiences
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills, both in written and face to face situations
- Extensive experience for user-centred and UX contexts, such as for user interfaces
- Extensive experience working on cross-disciplinary teams that include marketers, designers, developers, product managers, and researchers
- Experience working on interdisciplinary project teams that include SEO, brand, product marketing, paid, social, and more
- Extensive experience writing and structuring language to respond to audience needs
- Demonstrated ability to create, implement, and maintain content standards across an organization
- A thorough understanding of user-centered design techniques and how to apply them
- Ability to effectively work on multiple streams of work
- Proven ability to provide mentorship and help others grow
You'll do things like:
- Work with multiple teams to develop consistent, effective work
- Collaborate with designers to create content hierarchies and structures that guide users through experiences
- Write, write, write
- Be an integral part of the creative process by participating in all stages of a project, from campaigns to web page redesigns to information architecture
- Develop guidelines and best practices for content strategy within your product area
- Contribute to the Marketing UX discipline by participating in its rituals
- Provide mentorship so can you hone your craft while helping others to grow
- Work closely with product and marketing teams to ensure a familiar and connected UX
You'll be working with...
As a Senior Marketing Content Strategist, you'll be working with one of the following teams:
Shopify Shipping - We’re all about making shipping and fulfillment easier and affordable for our merchants. Whether they’re just starting up or scaling out, we allow our merchants to ship confidently with simplified tools.
Financial Solutions - Managing money can be one of the most stressful parts of running a business. Shopify creates simple financial solutions that help merchants accept payments and capital, avoid fraud, and pay their bills. We take the worry and confusion out of finances, so entrepreneurs around the world can focus on growing their business.
Help us learn more about you by completing ALL of the following tasks:
- Compose and attach a 1-page cover letter, which includes a link to a portfolio of your work
- Complete this exercise and submit your solution as an attachment to your application
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Closing date: Tuesday, May 26th at 4pm EST
|UX Marketing Manager||UX and Design||Americas|
|Senior Product Designer, Ecosystem||UX and Design||Americas|
|Staff Product Designer, Shop Pay||UX and Design||Americas|
|Senior Product Designer||UX and Design||Americas|
|UX Director, Online Store Tools||UX and Design||Americas|
|UX Manager, Ecosystem||UX and Design||Americas|
|Staff UX Researcher, Ecosystem||UX and Design||Americas|
|Senior Design Manager, Shop||UX and Design||Americas|
|Marketing Design Manager||UX and Design||Americas|
|Marketing Designer||UX and Design||Americas|