About the role
Shopify has redefined commerce by raising the standard for how companies of all sizes sell their products and services. To help power 1,000,000+ merchants in more than 175 different countries, Shopify is always growing and finding new ways to create more value for commerce businesses around the world.
We’re looking for a Senior Marketing UX Developer to help us build successful front-end experiences for future and current Shopify merchants across landing pages, emails, and other marketing collateral. By bringing your expertise in front-end development and UX practices, you’ll play a key part in amplifying our message, and helping our merchants see the value of our ever-growing platform.
We’re searching for someone who is collaborative and cares deeply about the front-end experience with consideration for accessibility, responsiveness, speed, and reliability. If this sounds like you, please reach out.
- Collaborate with Marketing UX, Product UX, and Product Marketers to bring new marketing experiences to life (and improve existing ones). This includes building high-quality production code
- Own and grow the Marketing UX Development team and discipline
- Be an owner of the process, from wire-framing to production, by actively participating and giving feedback, regardless of your core discipline
- Hold yourself and others to the highest standards by being the individual that collaborators seek expertise and advice from
- Anticipate and respond to accessibility issues in early stages of design and development
- Champion testing the experiences you build on various browsers, operating systems, devices, networks, and assistive technologies
- Stay close to research and data to understand the impact of your work so you can build context and make decisions informed by empathy for our partner
Requirements for the role:
- Working on end-to-end iterative UX product design projects, with the awareness of common practices such as user research techniques, job stories, journey mapping, content modelling, wireframing and prototyping, and user testing
- Can speak with confidence about at least one of these areas: reusability, inclusiveness (accessibility, internationalization, etc), performance, or interaction
- Experience contributing to systems that power multiple projects
- Thinking about how to build accessible experiences at every stage of a project and an understanding of what it means to build WCAG compliant systems
- Maximizing performance of marketing experiences by minimizing re-rendering, DOM inputs/outputs, and using techniques to maintain high frame rates
- Experience working with designers, developers, content strategists, and other cross-functional collaborators. To succeed in this role, you need a strong commitment to working deeply with others.
What's in it for you?
- A collaborative, creative environment where we value experimentation and learning
- Autonomy. We don’t believe in micro-management
- A healthy work-life balance with benefits such as parental leave, childcare benefits, flexible work hours, and catered meals to give you more time for the things you care about most
- Being part of a team that’s tackling marketing UX challenges on a global scale—we’re genuinely committed to making commerce better for everyone, no matter where they’re located or their experience level.
- Learning and growing with the best in the business and getting the support you need to do the best work of your career
- A culture that values authenticity, openness, and diversity.
You'll be working with:
As a Senior Marketing UX Developer, you'll be working with one of the following teams:
Channels - We connect merchants and buyers everywhere through Shopify. We help merchants reach, sell, and service their buyers from first sale to large scale. We create long-term buyer ownership by unifying the evolving channels of commerce, whether online or offline, owned or rented, with Shopify at the centre.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Closing date: May 29th at 12 PM EST
|Senior UX Developer, Plus||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|Web Development Manager||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|Senior Web Developer||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|Staff Developer - Multiple Roles||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|Technical Program Manager - Shopify Shipping||Engineering and Development||Americas, Canada|
|Senior UX Developer, Marketing||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|Mobile Development at Shopify (Expression of Interest)||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|Senior UX Developer||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|Development Manager - Multiple Roles||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|Staff Developer||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|Senior Web Developer, Marketing||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|Senior Site Reliability Engineer (Hawaii)||Engineering and Development||Americas, United States|
|Director of Security Engineering||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|Software Development at Shopify (Expression of Interest)||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|RnD Learning Program Specialist||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|Director of Engineering||Engineering and Development||Americas|