Senior Merchant Success Manager, Large Accounts, ANZ
- Sales and Account Management
Opportunity is not evenly distributed. Shopify puts independence within reach for anyone with a dream to start a business. We propel entrepreneurs and enterprises to scale the heights of their potential. Since 2006, we’ve grown to 10,000 employees and generated over $496 billion in sales for millions of merchants in 175 countries.
This is life-defining work that directly impacts people’s lives as much as it transforms your own. This is putting the power of the few in the hands of the many, is a future with more voices rather than fewer, and is creating more choices instead of an elite option.
Moving at our pace brings a lot of change, complexity, and ambiguity—and a little bit of chaos. Shopifolk thrive on that and are comfortable being uncomfortable. That means Shopify is not the right place for everyone.
- Care deeply about what you do and about making commerce better for everyone
- Excel by seeking professional and personal hypergrowth
- Keep up with an unrelenting pace (the week, not the quarter)
- Be resilient and resourceful in face of ambiguity and thrive on (rather than endure) change
- Bring critical thought and opinion
- Embrace differences and disagreement to get shit done and move forward
- Work digital-first for your daily work
About the role
Your responsibilities will include:
- Engage, manage, retain and grow an assigned book of business
- Contribute to quarterly and annual targets for retention, growth and merchant health
- Analyze your merchant’s business needs, identify strategic partnership opportunities, and develop strategies to ensure growth, satisfaction, and retention
- Prepare, manage and deliver upon key merchant journey milestones, including business reviews and/or executive business reviews, ensuring that success plans are in place and on track
- Build and cultivate strong relationships with stakeholders within your book of business with a strong understanding of how to think through stakeholder/relationship mapping.
- Triage and deliver impactful resolutions for merchant initiatives while maintaining strong merchant relationships
- Assess risk, report and solution upon any pain points affecting the overall health and retention risk related to your book of business
- Collaborate with other Shopify teams to recommend, plan, and coordinate, ensuring the merchant receives the best possible experience across Shopify
- Keep senior managers informed of any issues affecting the overall health and retention risk related to your merchants
- Identify trends across your merchant base looking for common needs and interests in order to share information with Shopify Product and Support teams
- Identify areas of improvement and make recommendations based on data, analytics and best practices.
- Minimum 5 years experience managing multiple large / enterprise / fortune 500 type level companies
- Strong business acumen and experience in providing strategic guidance to customers
- Strong technical aptitude and proven experience in working with and advising on technical products and integrations
- Experience in eCommerce (understanding of acquisition, conversion, retention); it is a complex ecosystem with many moving parts, and you need to communicate how they fit together
- Demonstrated stakeholder management across all levels of the organisations, from C-Suite through to individual contributors
- Knowledge and experience of developing stakeholder engagement map at a merchant level
- Proven communication skills with the ability to set expectations and manage difficult conversations and effective storytelling of merchant successes
- Demonstrate a high-degree of customer-centric thinking, behaviour and track record of experience working cross-functionally between sales and support teams
- Proven ability to analyse complex situations and data points and develop actionable and strategic insights and tangible plans to lead a cross functional team towards key objectives
- Experience developing big picture strategy
- Strong time and project management skills with the ability to assess and prioritise tasks and critical deadlines
- Excellent collaborator and problem solver
- Experience providing customer value and driving retention; you should be customer focused in all that you do
- Experience or training in Digital Marketing (paid advertising, social media, SEO etc); you know the tactics that will drive results
- Experience with Salesforce, Google Suite, Mode and other tools is a plus.
- Some travel is expected for this role for an identified portion of your merchant portfolio.
Shopify is now permanently remote, and working towards a future that is digital by default. Learn more about what this can mean for you: https://www.shopify.com/careers/work-anywhere