About the role
We're looking for a Senior Operations Specialist to join the team that is helping to guide Shopify's global shipping & fulfillment platform strategy. Moving physical goods from one place to another is a complex business and changing fast. Our team has already vastly improved shipping for our merchants - with your help, they will be able to move even more quickly, extending what has already been built and transforming shipping at Shopify.
The Operations team sits in the centre of the Shopify Fulfillment Network (SFN), linking together all the different functional groups, both strategically and operationally. Using a combination of strong business acumen and analytical skills, you will act as one of the primary sources of context for the SFN team to drive strategic decision making, support our aggressive growth, and improve customer satisfaction and adoption in new markets.
We’re looking for someone who could potentially have some of this experience:
- Professional experience in finance, strategic planning, and operations.
- Experience driving business strategy through business case development.
- Experience surfacing business insights to better optimize the business, including defining and measuring KPIs and analyzing growth, adoption, margins etc.
- Experience preparing financial projections & presenting your findings and recommendations.
- Experience in project management, including success running one-off special projects.
- Experience with a growth company or a growth business within a non-growth company.
- Experience with management consulting, private equity or investment banking.
It’d be great if you had specific experience with:
- Pricing experience (eg: sensitivity analysis).
- Experience working in the shipping, transportation and/or fulfillment industries.
- Experience using Shopify or any ‘like’ eCommerce platforms is a plus.
- SQL query writing.
- Advanced financial analysis.
You’ll be doing things like:
- Ensuring demand meets supply in our warehouse nodes. What are those nodes capable of and how can we help build up their capacity?
- Doing pricing analysis to make sure our merchants receive the best bang for their buck when it comes to warehousing, fulfillment and shipping,
- Building out a dynamic pricing model so buyers get the best possible shipping price at checkout.
- Rate card analysis
- Owning the reporting and analysis of business metrics and driving for results with the use and prioritization of this data (eg. exec reporting, QBR’s, project management at the team level).
- Market research: what are our competitors doing? What can we do better?
- Working with our commercial team to support negotiations with shipping and 3PL partners.
- Playing a key role in the development and implementation of our sustainability strategy.
- Helping to set our Go-to-Market pricing strategy.
If you feel excited after reading this, then address your cover letter to Greg and click "Apply Now". We're looking forward to hearing from you!
This posting will close November 22nd at 4 pm EST
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
|Program Quality Analyst - Shopify Fulfillment Network||Business Operations||Ottawa, Elgin - HQ|
|Warehouse Site Manager - Shopify Fulfillment Network||Business Operations||Ottawa, Elgin - HQ|
|Partner Governance Specialist||Business Operations||Ottawa, Canada|