About the role
The Shopify Financial Solutions team builds and manages financial products including Shopify Payments, and Shopify Fraud Protect. The BD and Partnerships team is a stakeholder, influencer, and collaborator to the growth and expansion of the Financial solutions platform. Externally, we focus on partnerships globally. Our objective is to ensure we are building and scaling the best money experience for merchants and their buyers on Shopify.
We are looking for someone to join our team who can help Shopify set enterprise wide partnership strategy and expand our relationship with some of the world’s largest fintech companies. This role will be focused in payment processing, order risk and merchant risk. However, there’s no limit to the exploration of new partnership opportunities across Shopify. This person will deliver value by building and executing on business strategy, negotiating deals, and owning strategic relationships.
You’ll need to have:
- Experience executing partnerships in the fintech or commerce industry;
- Experience negotiating deals in a complex, dynamic environment;
- History working across functional teams including product, engineering, and finance;
- A broad understanding of the fintech space and how Shopify can leverage the best in class solutions to grow the business;
- A learners mindset with the ability to pick-up new areas quickly;
- Extreme resourcefulness and the ability to get things done;
- Experience in project and stakeholder management
- Note: expertise in payment processing, merchant acquisition, merchant and order risk, or related areas is a plus, but is not required
- Think strategically about the business and uncover new revenue opportunities;
- Build business cases and drive through execution;
- Negotiate deals with strategic partners;
- Own relationships with some of the largest fintech companies in the world;
- Learn new product areas within the financial solutions space;
- Lead discussion across other functional teams within Shopify including Product, Engineering, Marketing, Support, Legal, and Finance to execute on various opportunities;
Don’t stop reading. Please submit responses to the following questions as a part of your application.
In your opinion, what is the value of partnerships with an organization?
Why is Shopify Payments important to Shopify?
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time.
Shopify is now permanently remote, and working towards a future that is digital by default. Learn more about what this can mean for you.
Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our Sustainability Reports to learn more about Shopify’s commitments to our communities, and our planet.
At Shopify, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
How we hire
Not what you’re looking for?Check out these similar roles.
|Program Manager - Agency Partner Program||Partnerships and Business Development||Americas|
|Senior Partnerships Lead||Partnerships and Business Development||Americas|
|Product Partnerships, One-Shopify (Remote, Americas)||Partnerships and Business Development||Americas|