About the role
As of today, more than 1 million merchants in 175+ countries use Shopify software to set up and run their businesses across multiple sales channels. Our mission with Oberlo, a brand within Shopify, is to inspire people to start online businesses as a means of achieving independence, financial freedom, and personal growth.
At Oberlo, we have a massive content footprint with our blog, YouTube channel, ebook library, and social media accounts. Our next growth channel will be audio, starting with the Oberlo podcast, Start Yours, and expanding in whatever directions offer us the best chance to reach more and more entrepreneurs.
As Senior Podcast Producer, you’ll work with Oberlo’s content team to develop a variety of audio projects. Your first order of business will be turning the Oberlo podcast into a juggernaut, and from there, it’s up to you. We are ambitious and eager to experiment, and you will have a green light to innovate exciting ways to round out our audio offering alongside the podcast.
If you’re insatiably curious, wildly creative, and in it for the long haul, you belong here. Let’s talk.
What You'll Be Working On:
- Own the Oberlo podcast and turn it into the best (and most listened to) podcast in the ecommerce and entrepreneurship space.
- Owning the podcast includes, but is not limited to, editing audio content, steering the format(s), publishing episodes across all relevant platforms, proposing guests, scaling up production, and generally finding ways to grow the podcast.
- Align the podcast and its ever-growing footprint with the objectives of the Oberlo and Shopify brands.
- Guide the editorial calendar to ensure prolific, high-quality output.
- Incorporate video elements into the podcast – e.g., film interviews and publish videos on YouTube (in parallel to publication in podcast apps), work with designers to animate podcast content.
- Find ways to incorporate audio content into the broader Oberlo content mix, whether it’s on the blog, social media accounts, YouTube channel, or alongside our ebooks.
- Collect necessary assets during production phase: audio, images of guests, soundbites that will be used to promote the podcast, etc.
- Ensure high-quality audio for both onsite and remote interviews.
- Organize and track assets in a shared workflow environment.
- Analyze, digest, and report on key metrics relating to the podcast performance.
What You'll Need:
- Experience collaborating with directors, producers, freelancers, and other stakeholders to take audio projects from conception to completion.
- Track record of managing multiple projects amid shifting priorities.
- Proficient in Anchor and other podcast dissemination platforms.
- Proven understanding of podcast apps, podcast distribution, and the metrics that will let us know how we’re doing.
- Experience editing audio for web, Instagram, Facebook, and other platforms.
- Drive to learn constantly and stay on top of industry trends.
- Fluency in English is a must.
- Personal or industry experience in entrepreneurship, e-commerce, or dropshipping
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. David is looking forward to reading your application. Please include a link to your portfolio!
This job posting will be open until we hire the right candidate. We have a commitment to respond to applications within 2 weeks and we look forward to reviewing your application!
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
|German Content Marketer||Marketing and Communications||Berlin, Germany|