About the role
Shopify is a leading global commerce company, providing trusted tools to start, grow, market, and manage a retail business of any size. Shopify makes commerce better for everyone with a platform and services that are engineered for reliability, while delivering a better shopping experience for consumers everywhere. Headquartered in Canada, Shopify powers over one million businesses in more than 175 countries and is trusted by brands such as Allbirds, Gymshark, PepsiCo, Staples, and many more.
Shopify Retail is taking on in-person commerce and bringing it into the future. It’s no secret that brick and mortar commerce is going through a renaissance, where fast-growth brands are replacing traditional retailers. Shopify is not only looking to further disrupt brick-and-mortar retail, but to approach this very mature market with a completely fresh approach.
The Senior Point-of-Sale Partnerships Lead will be the primary owner of all the different global partnerships required to scale our brick-and-mortar retail business, including hardware distributors, resellers, payments, product integrations and anything and everything retail related! As a valued leader, this person will be deeply involved in setting the partnership strategy and building the initial partnerships. In addition, they will build a high-performing team to manage all the different partners.
You’ll need to excel at complex cross-functional work and be able to create meaningful relationships with brand new partners quickly. You have a knack for being able to inspire your team to acquire and manage partnerships effectively and strategically. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to help shape the future of Retail by enabling Shopify POS to be the preferred solution for retailers of all sizes worldwide!
- Define our partnership strategy in Retail POS, identify commerce trends in the market, apply existing business models and create new ones
- Identify new partnership opportunities and create new relationships from build to launch
- Build a team to support new partnership acquisition and growth
- Collaborate with other functional teams within Shopify including Product, Engineering, Marketing, Support, Legal, and Finance to execute on these various opportunities
- Support the strategic objectives and interest of Shopify’s business teams on a global basis
Requirements for the role
- Extensive experience uncovering new partnership opportunities and negotiating agreements in the tech or commerce industry with long-term mutual value creation
- Experience working cross-functionally and managing multiple stakeholders (across product, engineering, legal, and/or finance teams)
- Experience managing partnership teams
- Familiarity with software SaaS business models, commerce space, POS technologies, and/or the retail vertical a plus
We will be accepting applications online until 10 am EST Monday, January 27, 2020.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work. We truly appreciate your time and look forward to learning more about you!
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.