About the role
At Shopify, we care deeply about making commerce better for everyone. This mission began when our founders started an online business selling snowboards. Existing software was expensive and so hard to use that it made their dream of entrepreneurship feel impossible. So they changed their focus and started developing Shopify to enable anyone with something to sell to easily start, run, and grow their business.
Today, Shopify empowers more than one million merchants from all over the world to succeed at entrepreneurship. Our mission is ambitious and we're looking for great people to join us. 🚀
About content strategy at Shopify...
Senior Product Content Strategists at Shopify collaborate with designers, developers, researchers, and product managers to design and build our user interfaces. We’re a close-knit team of more than 20 content strategists who work across the company to create clear, concise content that makes our products work better.
We’re looking for a UX-focused content strategist to plan and create interface content for Shopify products, and contribute to our team's skills and growth. This position requires deep understanding of the role language plays in the UX design process. This isn’t a marketing or social media role.
You'll be working with...
As a Senior Content Strategist, you'll be working with our Channels product line. This team connects merchants and buyers everywhere through Shopify. They help merchants reach, sell, and service their buyers from first sale to large scale. They create long-term buyer ownership by unifying the evolving channels of commerce, whether online or offline, owned or rented, with Shopify at the centre.
You'll be working on things like:
- Building the Shopify admin and tools alongside designers, researchers, and front end developers.
- Collaborating closely with other content strategists. Reviewing and critiquing your teammates’ content to help them grow.
- Actively contributing to developing new features, and continuously improving what we have today.
- Evolving editorial and voice and tone standards across our products.
- Using qualitative and quantitative research to inform your content decisions.
- Defining and implementing information architecture and navigation systems across complex products.
- Empowering everyone at Shopify to write their own great content by contributing to training, learning resources, and other support opportunities.
You should have:
- Content strategy experience, preferably in a product-focused environment.
- Background working with cross-functional teams including UX designers, researchers, and engineers.
- Experience writing and structuring language to respond to audience needs.
- A portfolio of work you've done. Bonus if it includes interface content or microcopy.
- Demonstrated ability to create, implement, and maintain content standards across an organization.
- A foundational understanding of user-centered design techniques and how to apply them.
- Empathy and advocacy for merchants and their buyers, in all areas of our work.
What’s in it for you:
- A collaborative, creative environment where we value experimentation and learning.
- Autonomy. We don’t believe in micro-management.
- A healthy work-life balance with benefits such as parental leave, childcare benefits, flexible work hours, and catered meals to give you more time for the things you care about most.
- Being part of a UX team that’s tackling design challenges on a global scale—we’re genuinely committed to making commerce better for everyone, no matter where they’re located or their experience level.
- Learning and growing with the best in the business and getting the support you need to do the best work of your career.
- Building strong relationships with your teammates in a culture that values authenticity, openness, and diversity.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work (...we've been through this interview process after all 😏) and we truly value your time. Chris is looking forward to reading your application. If your CV stands for itself, that's great, but we always love to find out more about people, so feel free to include a cover letter.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Closing date: Monday, March 2nd at 9am EDT.