Senior Product Designer - Analytics
About the role:
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer who is passionate about data and information design. With a drive to build for the long term, you’ll prioritize what problems to solve and how to design iteratively for long-term value by critically evaluating merchant impact, product vision, and design goals.
You’ll be collaborating with product managers, UX researchers, engineers, content strategists, and other product designers to solve impactful problems like:
• Making Shopify the complete and most trusted source of information for our merchants
• Making complex business-related data approachable and helping our merchants uncover hidden business opportunities
Merchant Analytics UX at Shopify
Shopify merchants use hundreds of data points to understand how their businesses are performing. Making sense of all that data is one of their biggest challenges. Our team’s mission is to build the best place for merchants to find meaning, insights, and data about their business.
Requirements for the role:
- A passion for unpacking and solving complex information problems
- The ability to identify the best UX methods and tools to use depending on project constraints
- Exceptional UX thinking, information design, and data visualization abilities shown in a portfolio of real-world projects
- A deep understanding of the end-to-end iterative UX product design process, including how to develop and use job stories, journey mapping, content modelling, wire framing and prototyping, usability testing, and low fidelity to high fidelity visuals
- The ability to clearly present your point of view, express ideas, and accept feedback
- Proficiency with current design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Photoshop, Invision, Framer, etc.
You'll be working on:
- Helping to define our product roadmap by understanding and advocating for user needs
- Creating beautiful products for the responsive web and mobile native app by finding the right problems to solve, running research, prototyping solutions, and shipping features
- Iterating on concepts based on peer feedback, user research, usability testing, and other data collected
- Mentoring other designers, leading by example with your keen eye for good design and attention to detail
- Working with and contributing to our growing design system of patterns
- Levelling up our UX team, sharing knowledge, and helping evolve our tools and best practices
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, send send us a few samples of your work: portfolio, wireframes, UX flows, publications, or whatever represents what you do best. Holly is looking forward to checking it out!
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Design jobs are posted.