Senior Product Designer - Channels
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer to help grow our Partner Channels team. You will work on designing and executing projects, while providing peer mentorship to other members of your team. You’ll also collaborate across teams, front-end development, engineering, content strategy, product, data and UXR to help push the quality of UX and design-thinking in the partner channels team, and build for the future.
Our team works on creating merchant experiences that are scalable, data & insight-driven, and easy to use. Our products are crucial to the success of over 500k merchants businesses, globally. Our goal is to take the complex and make it approachable by designing user-friendly products that help our merchants businesses thrive.
What is this “Channels” team you speak of?
The work that the channels team does helps entrepreneurs grow their businesses by creating experiences that feel empowering and delightful, increasing sales for all of Shopify’s merchants. We do all of this in a kind, collaborative and ego-free environment. As an example, the Partner Channels team designs, builds and maintains our Shopify-built 3rd party channels, such as Amazon, Facebook, Messenger, and Pinterest, and provides design and product support to our externally built 3rd party channel partners such as eBay.
Passion and curiosity go a long way, so if you aren’t able to check every box below, please still consider applying. We are dedicated to building a diverse team and providing an inclusive workplace for all and especially encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply.
As a Product Designer, you’ll focus on:
- Mentoring and developing team members (10% of your time)
- Help to grow team’s expertise in their craft and in their communicationHelp designers obsess with the problem—are they engaged, resourceful, thinking about impact?
- Supporting and building UX (90% of your time)
- Designing and building channels for our 3rd party channel partners, such as Pinterest and Facebook, and help launch new products for exciting new channel partners.
- Helping to support the partner channels design team, building for the long term.
- Contributing back to the Polaris design system by designing new patterns and thinking through complex design problems.
- Thinking about what other teams may learn from you, and what you can you learn from other teams.
- Being proactive, seeking those solving similar and related problems.
- Seeking opportunities to build Shopify's presence in the UX community.
You are someone who...
- Has experience working on technical projects, solving complex problems.
- Obsesses over the details.
- Explores multiple solutions or approaches to every problem.
- Is able to close gaps between disciplines with your excellent communication skills.
- Has been a project lead in the past.
- Thrives on creating the best customer experience.
Here are projects this team has been championing lately:
- Helping merchants sell on other platforms by building out our Sales Channel ecosystem including Integrations with Facebook Messenger, Amazon, Pinterest, and eBay.
- Recent launch of our Instagram integration, helping our merchants sell directly on the app.
- Using peer mentorship and collaboration to learn and teach the latest technologies and standards to ensure we are always using the best techniques possible.
- Collaborating with other disciplines, from engineering to design, to help develop front end solutions.
- Being an advocate throughout the company for great UX.
- Building applications that are responsive, performant, accessible, and well-tested.
Some people you would work with here:
- Satish Kanwar, VP, Channels
- Amy Shea, Design Lead, Partner Channels
- Darrin Henein, Senior UX Lead, Channels
- Melissa Luu, Senior Front End Developer,Partner Channels
- Zabrina Hossain, Product Manager, Partner Channels
- Mo Hashi, Designer, Partner Channels
- Adam King, Content Strategist, Partner Channels
Tools and nitty gritty of the team:
- We’re a kind, collaborative, ego-free team that is obsessed with creating the best merchant experiences. We provide support and context around our partner channels product area in a cross-disciplinary team of front-end development, engineering, content strategy, product, data and UXR.
- We participate in UX events across product lines weekly, to help grow the craft of UX & Design at Shopify.
- We use tools like Sketch, Invision and Abstract to design, prototype and share our work.
- We are involved in contributing back to our Shopify UX design system, Polaris.
- We collaborate across disciplines, and are co-located along with front-end development, engineering, content strategy, product, data and UXR
Here's How to apply:
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of our Channel's platform at Shopify, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application.
Please address your cover letter to Leah Pollock, and include a link to your portfolio, or a recent UX & Design project you’re proud of. Please note that those who don't include links to their work or portfolio will not be considered for this role. Thank you!
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Design & UX jobs are posted.