About the role
About the role:
We’re looking for an experienced senior product designer to deliver high quality product experiences. You will explore and understand complex merchant needs in order to build a vision for your product area and help your team work iteratively towards achieving it. You'll ship high fidelity designs of new features and quickly prototype solutions to visual and interaction problems. You’ll own your projects from start to finish, and collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of designers, content strategists, user researchers, developers, and product managers to deliver the best possible experience for our merchants.
About UX design at Shopify
The UX design team creates tools that give even the most inexperienced entrepreneur the best chance to succeed. At the same time, we design solutions that help some of the world’s leading businesses manage enormous complexity. Making commerce better for everyone, no matter where they’re located or their level of experience, is our passion. It’s what we come to work every morning excited to tackle.
Our team is made up of over 200 designers, content strategists, researchers, and front-end developers across 5 offices. Although everyone who works at Shopify is responsible for building great experiences, the design team has a special role in building understanding and empathy for merchants. We believe in testing, iteration, and in giving people the room to experiment and grow.
Requirements for the role:
- A deep understanding of the end to end iterative UX product design process, including how to develop and use personas, job stories, journey mapping, content modelling, wireframing and prototyping, user testing, and high fidelity visuals
- Proficiency with current design tools including Sketch, Photoshop, etc.
- Passion for solving core product problems while owning all facets of a user experience (strategy, IA, art direction, interaction design and research)
- Experience collaborating with multiple disciplines including product, engineering, content, research, and more
- A deep empathy for the user
- UI abilities shown in a portfolio of live projects
You’ll be working on:
- Shipping high fidelity designs of new features and quickly prototyping solutions to visual and interaction problems
- Representing our merchants in product strategy and roadmap discussions
- Advocating for good user experience across our teams and our platform
- Contributing to our growing design system in an effort to cultivate a coherent look and feel across the entire Shopify platform
- Sharing and revising your designs based on UX research, merchant interviews and peer feedback
Tools of our trade:
- We work with industry-standard tools and software like Sketch, Invision, and good ol’ pen and paper to define work at low and high fidelity
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Holly is looking forward to reading your application. If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, send us a few samples of your work: portfolio, wireframes, UX flows, publications, or whatever represents what you do best.
|Senior Product Designer - Analytics||Design||Ottawa|