About the role
Today, Shopify empowers more than 1,000,000+ merchants from all over the world to succeed at entrepreneurship. Early on, we made the decision to build a partner platform to help merchants meet their unique needs by installing apps and hiring services. Our multi-disciplinary Platform product line builds experiences that help merchants succeed through solutions developed by our partners.
As part of the Partner Ecosystem UX team, you’ll work on products that empower our partners to build and grow their businesses by helping Shopify merchants succeed. You’ll solve complex problems and build iteratively toward our vision, informed by research and data. We collaborate as part of a multidisciplinary team of content strategists, researchers, developers, product managers, and marketers to deliver the best possible experience for both our partners and merchants. As a product designer on Ecosystem, you'll help cultivate a trustworthy, secure, and sustainable ecosystem for our partners and merchants.
We are looking for a designer who is excited to help us build a first-class product for Shopify Partners. If you’re excited to work on hard problems and enjoy simplifying complexity in a friendly, collaborative environment, we’d love to hear from you.
- Advocate for the user experience across our platform by representing our users in product decisions and help the team develop a deeper understanding of challenges partners face
- Work on design systems and patterns libraries to allow other teams to build faster and more efficiently
- Specialize in one of the Ecosystem team's core product areas and work closely with various disciplines and stakeholders to define both the long-term strategy and the short-term tactics for that product
- Design, prototype, test, and ship solutions to solve complex problems
- Share and iterate on your work based on peer feedback, user research, and partner feedback
- Collaborate with people on the UX team including content strategists, researchers and UX developers, and with product managers and other disciplines on the broader team to solve the right problems in the right way
- Make your team stronger by helping people build context and make decisions informed by empathy for our partners
- A portfolio of work that you directly contributed to
- Passion for solving product problems and applying good practices of user experience, research and interaction design
- Experience creating and conducting your own research plans that have materially impacted product and business decisions
- Although we don’t expect you to code, you should have an understanding of the end-to-end iterative design process, which includes developing and using journey mapping, wire-framing, prototyping, user testing, and high-fidelity visuals to achieve human-centred design solutions
- Comfort explaining the thinking behind your design decisions
- Knowledge of how design systems are created, applied and shipped
- Deep empathy for the user, and experience helping others develop this empathy as well
What's in it for you?
- A collaborative, creative environment where we value experimentation and learning.
- Autonomy. We don’t believe in micro-management
- A healthy work-life balance with benefits such as parental leave, childcare benefits, flexible work hours, and catered meals to give you more time for the things you care about most
- Being part of a UX team that’s tackling design challenges on a global scale—we’re genuinely committed to making commerce better for everyone, no matter where they’re located or their experience level
- Learning and growing with the best in the business and getting the support you need to do the best work of your career
- A culture that values authenticity, openness, and diversity
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We really look forward to reading your application! If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce around the world, send us a few samples of your work: portfolio, wireframes, UX flows, publications, or whatever represents what you do best.
This posting will close on May 25th, 2020 at 9am EDT.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
|Staff Product Designer, Shop Pay||UX and Design||Americas|
|UX Marketing Manager||UX and Design||Americas|
|Staff UX Researcher, Ecosystem||UX and Design||Americas|
|Senior Design Manager, Shop||UX and Design||Americas|
|Senior Marketing Content Strategist||UX and Design||Americas|
|Marketing Design Manager||UX and Design||Americas|
|Senior Product Designer||UX and Design||Americas|
|Marketing Designer||UX and Design||Americas|
|UX Manager, Ecosystem||UX and Design||Americas|
|UX Director, Online Store Tools||UX and Design||Americas|