About the role
Shopify has redefined commerce, raising the standard for how companies of all sizes sell their products and services online and off. With 800,000+ merchants in more than 175 different countries, and the most innovative platform on the market, we continue to grow rapidly while constantly looking for new ways to impact and disrupt markets.
We're looking for senior designers to work with and guide the team that’s designing the UX experience for Shopify's global Financial Services platform.
We’re fascinated by how you think, how you break down problems, and how you come up with solutions. We look for those who question, who are never satisfied, and always seek to do better and make better. Those who want to deeply understand why people do things.
About the role:
- The wider UX team at Shopify is hands- on and obsessed with enabling commerce at a global scale. With over 400 designers, content strategists, researchers, and developers working across the company, this team has a special role in building understanding and empathy for merchants. We believe in testing, iteration, and in giving people the room to experiment and grow.
For this role, you’ll need:
- A love for solving complex product problems with simple design solutions.
- Experience collaborating with other UX leads to build a cohesive product and robust design system.
- Develop baseline knowledge in all our UX disciplines (content strategy, research, design, and front-end development) and deep expertise in your product’s problem area (payments and balance).
- To collaborate with product management and engineering to balance the right decisions for the product with the right decisions for the users.
- An understanding of the end to end iterative UX product design process, including how to research user needs, job stories, journey mapping, content modelling, wireframing and prototyping, user testing, and high fidelity visuals.
- A passion for solving core product problems while owning all facets of a user experience (strategy, IA, interaction design and research).
- Experience collaborating with multiple disciplines including product, engineering, content, research, and more.
- A deep empathy for the user.
- UI abilities shown in a portfolio of projects.
- Experience working in a fast-paced experimental or start-up environment.
|Senior Product Designer - Shipping Services||UX and Design||Ottawa, Elgin - HQ|
|Senior UX Researcher||UX and Design||Ottawa, Canada|
|Product Designer - Partner Platform||UX and Design||Ottawa, Canada|
|Senior Product Content Strategist||UX and Design||Ottawa, Canada|
|Product Content Strategist||UX and Design||Ottawa, Canada|