About the role
As Shopify continues to grow, we face complex challenges. Our team builds internal products that help Shopify scale. We create products to help teams share their work, learn from others, and stay aligned.
We’re looking for an experienced product designer to join our team and shape the future of Shopify’s internal products.
Things you’ll be working on:
- Helping to define our product roadmap by understanding and advocating for user needs
- Creating beautiful products by identifying the right problems to solve, running research, prototyping solutions, and shipping features
- Iterating on concepts based on peer feedback, user research, usability testing, and other data collected
- Mentoring other designers, leading by example with your keen eye for good design and attention to detail
- Working with and contributing to our growing design patterns
- Levelling up our UX team, sharing knowledge, and helping evolve our tools and best practices
We're looking for someone with:
- A passion for unpacking and solving complex information problems
- The ability to identify the best UX methods and tools to use depending on project constraints
- Exceptional UX thinking, visual design, and data visualization abilities shown in a portfolio of real-world projects
- A deep understanding of the end-to-end iterative UX product design process, including how to develop and use job stories, journey mapping, content modelling, wireframing and prototyping, usability testing, and low fidelity to high fidelity visuals
- The ability to clearly present your point of view, express ideas, and accept feedback
- Proficiency with current design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Invision, Zeplin, etc.
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce at Shopify, click the “Apply Now” button to submit your application. Please address your application to Jodi Jenkins. Tell us why you’d be an awesome addition to our team!
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is *this* close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.