Senior Product Designer - Merchant Reporting
At Shopify, we care deeply about making commerce better for everyone. This mission began when our founders started an online business selling snowboards. Existing software was expensive and so hard to use that it made their dream of entrepreneurship feel impossible. So they changed their focus and started developing Shopify to enable anyone with something to sell to easily start, run, and grow their business.
Today, Shopify empowers more than 377, 500 merchants from all over the world to succeed at entrepreneurship. Our mission is ambitious and we're always looking for great people to join us.
Merchant Reporting UX
Shopify merchants use hundreds of data points to understand how their businesses are performing. Making sense of all that data is one of their biggest challenges. Our team’s mission is to build the best place for merchants to find meaning, insights, and data about their business.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer who is passionate about data and information design. You’ll be collaborating with product managers, UX researchers, engineers, content strategists, and other product designers to solve impactful problems like:
• Making Shopify the complete and most trusted source of information for our merchants
• Making complex business-related data approachable and helping our merchants uncover hidden business opportunities through reports
You'll be working on:
- Helping to define our product roadmap by understanding and advocating for user needs
- Creating beautiful products for the responsive web and mobile native app by finding the right problems to solve, running research, prototyping solutions, and shipping features
- Iterating on concepts based on peer feedback, user research, usability testing, and other data collected
- Mentoring other designers, leading by example with your keen eye for good design and attention to detail
- Working with and contributing to our growing design system of patterns
- Levelling up our UX team, sharing knowledge, and helping evolve our tools and best practices
You'll need to have:
- A passion for unpacking and solving complex information problems
- The ability to identify the best UX methods and tools to use depending on project constraints
- Exceptional UX thinking, information design, and data visualization abilities shown in a portfolio of real-world projects
- A deep understanding of the end-to-end iterative UX product design process, including how to develop and use job stories, journey mapping, content modelling, wireframing and prototyping, usability testing, and low fidelity to high fidelity visuals
- The ability to clearly present your point of view, express ideas, and accept feedback
- Proficiency with current design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Photoshop, Invision, Framer, etc.
The right person for this role will:
- Build for the long-term: you’ll prioritize what problems to solve and how to design iteratively for long-term value by critically evaluating merchant impact, product vision, and design goals.
- Work collaboratively: you’ll have an understanding that great experiences come from collaborative decision-making with other disciplines. You’ll build strong working relationships with peers and stakeholders to act in our merchants’ best interests.
- Figure it out: Shopify is at the intersection of two exciting industries, tech and commerce. Every day is different and we thrive on ambiguity. You’ll adapt to shifting approaches, situations, and priorities, and use your experience and judgement to create the best possible solutions.
- Have a soft spot for the user: Our designers leave egos at the door and focus on creating user-centric, high impact, high quality experiences. We have a deep empathy for our merchants and understand that we design and build products for them.
Here's how to apply
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application.
Please address your cover letter to Nora and include a link to a few samples of your work you’re proud of: portfolio, wireframes, UX flows, publications, or whatever represents what you do best.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Design & UX jobs are posted.