About the role
Shopify is on a fast-moving mission to make the best products for merchants around the globe. With 800,000+ merchants in more than 175 different countries, and the most innovative platform on the market, we’re looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our Plus B2B team in New York and help design a product from the ground up that will change the face of wholesale ecommerce.
As a Senior Product Designer at Plus B2B you will be a core contributor to the planning, design and experience of Shopify’s wholesale product. We are reinventing how B2B works on Shopify Plus - building brand new tools that will have massive revenue impact for Plus merchants. Collaborating with a multidisciplinary team of developers, product managers, and researchers, our mission at Plus B2B is to deliver the best possible experience for our wholesale merchants.
- Advocating for good user experience across our platform by representing our merchants in product strategy and roadmap discussions
- A passion for solving complex product problems while playing a critical role in all facets of a user experience (strategy, IA, interaction design and research)
- Identifying the best UX methods and tools to use depending on project constraints
- Sharing and reviewing your designs based on peer feedback, user research, testing, and merchant feedback
- Empathy and advocacy for merchants and their buyers, in all areas of our work
- Experience collaborating closely with product, engineering, content, and research
- Ability to provide high-level design strategy and vision
- Experience working in a fast-paced experimental or start-up environment collaborating with remote team members
- A deep understanding of the end-to-end iterative UX process, including wireframing, prototyping, user research, and design systems
- High fidelity UI design abilities that can be demonstrated through a current portfolio of projects
- Previous experience owning and executing on UX designs through collaborative decision making with front-end developers, engineers, researchers, and other disciplines
- A keen sense of how to prioritize your projects and time
- The ability to adapt to new information and an openness to change conclusions when necessary; if one approach doesn’t work, you’re ready to try something else
- Industry experience in e-commerce, wholesale or B2B is a strong asset
Please address your application to Zoe and include a link to your portfolio. This posting will close on Friday, Aug 16th at 12PM EST.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.