About the role
Shopify has redefined commerce, raising the standard for how companies of all sizes sell their products and services online and off. With one million merchants in more than 175 different countries, and the most innovative platform on the market, we continue to grow rapidly while constantly looking for new ways to impact and disrupt markets.
We're looking for Senior Product Designers to work with and guide the team that’s designing the experience for Shopify's global shipping & fulfillment platform. Moving physical goods from one place to another is a complex business and changing fast. Our team has already vastly improved this space for our merchants and in 2019, we’ll continue to scale rapidly on a number of fronts. Our goal is to help merchants offer the best shipping and delivery experience to their buyers at all points of the shopping journey, propelling them to sell more, while increasingly saving time and money in the process.
The wider UX team at Shopify is hands-on and obsessed with enabling commerce at a global scale. With over 450 designers, content strategists, researchers, and developers working across the company, this team has a special role in building understanding and empathy for merchants. We believe in testing, iteration, and in giving people the room to experiment and grow.
For this role, you'll need:
- A comprehensive understanding of the end to end iterative design process, including how to research user needs, map user journeys, wireframe, prototype, conduct usability testing, and more.
- Experience working independently and with remote teams.
- Experience with fast paced, ambiguous environments.
- Experience working with complex systems and projects.
- Passion for solving core product problems while owning all facets of the user experience—from strategy to research to interaction design.
- Experience collaborating with multiple disciplines including product, engineering, content, research, and more.
- A deep empathy for the user.
- UI abilities shown in a portfolio of projects.
- Experience working in a fast-paced experimental or start-up environment.
You'll be working on:
- Quickly prototyping solutions to visual and interaction problems.
- Shipping high-fidelity designs and collaborating closely with developers.
- Representing our merchants in product strategy and roadmap discussions.
- Advocating for good user experience across our teams and our platform.
- Contributing to our growing design system in an effort to cultivate a coherent look and feel across the entire Shopify platform.
- Sharing and revising your designs based on UX research, merchant interviews and peer feedback.
- Validating product ideas through experimental design and research approaches.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Sanja is looking forward to reading your application. If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, send us a few samples of your work: portfolio, wireframes, UX flows, publications, or whatever represents what you do best.
This posting will close on Monday, November 25th at 9am EST.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
|Senior Product Content Strategist, Developer Experience||UX and Design||Toronto, Canada|
|Product Content Strategist||UX and Design||Toronto, Canada|