Senior Product Designer, Shopify Plus
Shopify Plus’ mission is to make commerce better for high-volume, high-growth merchants like Tesla, Kylie Cosmetics, RedBull, Kanye West, Subway, and many more. We believe our merchants should love their commerce platform, and we’re having fun each day making that happen.
We’re looking for a senior designer to join our team, bringing design thinking and skill sets in pursuit of better serving our merchants. You will work on a product that empowers them to run their businesses and push the boundaries of commerce. You need to be comfortable owning the user experience for your product area -- identifying problems, collaborating with the other UX disciplines, prototyping solutions and shipping features. You’ll have to be good at managing your time, adjusting quickly to shifting approaches, situations, and priorities.
You'll need to have:
- A background in owning and executing against the user experience strategy for a feature set
- A deep understanding of the end to end iterative UX process, including personas, scenarios, wireframing, and high fidelity visuals
- An understanding that great experiences come from collaborative decision-making with front-end developers, engineers, researchers, content strategists, and other disciplines
- A soft spot for the end user -- advocating for them in all areas of your work is core to what you doProficiency with prototyping tools (Sketch), as well as knowledge of HTML and CSS
- A passion for solving design problems while wearing multiple hats and owning all facets of design (e.g. strategy, art direction, interaction design and research)
- Exceptional UI abilities as can be demonstrated through current project pieces
- A desire to mentor other designers, leading by example with your keen eye for good design, and attention to detail
You’ll be working on:
- Finding ways to champion the needs of and building empathy for our high-growth, high volume merchants across both Shopify Plus and Shopify
- Representing our merchants in discussions of new products and overall product strategy
- Advocating for good user experience across our platformIdentifying the best UX methods and tools to use depending on the project constraints
- Shipping high fidelity designs of new features and quickly prototyping solutions to visual and interaction problemsContributing to our growing design system of patterns in an effort to bridge a coherent look and feel across the Shopify experience
- Sharing and reviewing your designs based on peer feedback, user research, testing, and merchant feedback
- Prioritizing simultaneous deadlines across multiple teams and coordinating the efforts across UX disciplines
Here's how to apply:
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. Include a few samples of your work: portfolio, wireframes, UX flows, publications, or whatever represents what you do best.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Design & UX jobs are posted.