About the role
Shopify has redefined commerce, raising the standard for how companies of all sizes sell their products and services online and off. With 820,000+ merchants in more than 175 different countries, and the most innovative platform on the market, we continue to grow rapidly while constantly looking for new ways to impact and disrupt markets.
We're looking for a Product Manager to work with and guide the team building Shopify's global shipping & fulfillment platform. Moving physical goods from one place to another is a complex business and changing fast. Our team has already vastly improved this space for our merchants and in 2019, we’ll continue to scale rapidly on a number of fronts. Our goal is to help merchants offer the best shipping and delivery experience to their buyers at all points of the shopping journey, propelling them to sell more, while increasingly saving time and money in the process.
Product Management at Shopify is a hands-on role. Product Managers here work with merchants and their customers, Engineering, UX, and other internal teams to decide what products we build and why we build them. They are the glue that unites all aspects of a product under a single, cohesive vision. They are a passionate and entrepreneurial group. They have founded their own companies, taken successful products to market and established track records of getting shit done at scale. Come join us to do your life's best work!
For this role you'll need to:
- Have a few years of experience managing products. It doesn’t matter so much what your job title was, so long as you have hands-on experience creating and leading tech products. We’re looking for people who have recognized market opportunities and customer needs - and turned them into products that have delighted real users.
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset. Rolling up your sleeves, thrive in chaos, and get shit done.
- Be genuinely excited about solving customer problems.
- Empathize with the user and use data to inform product decisions.
- Default to action and help your team do the same.
- Be a team player, coach, and referee all-in-one.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work across multiple projects, align on goals, and deliverables.
- Holistic vision of the product space and ability to work cross-functionally and manage complex product initiatives with various stakeholders to define and prioritize initiatives.
- Good understanding of the different domains of Data Science: ETL, data analytics, machine learning, and operational research.
- Understanding the technical infrastructure and the challenges of developing data products at scale.
- Collaborate with designers, developers, marketers, and customers
It would also be nice if you had:
- Experience in data driven product management
- Experience driving large scale data projects with multi year horizon vision.
- Experience in logistics and/or supply chain
If you feel excited after reading this, then address your cover letter to Jonathan and click "Apply Now". We're looking forward to hearing from you!
This posting will close on September 30th at 4pm EST.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
|Technical Product Manager Lead - Trust||Product Management||Toronto, Canada|
|Senior Technical Product Manager - Data||Product Management||Toronto, Canada|
|Product Manager - Capital||Product Management||Ottawa, Canada|
|Lead Product Manager, Billing - Financial Solutions||Product Management||Ottawa, Canada|
|Technical Product Manager Lead - Trust||Product Management||Ottawa, Canada|
|Senior Product Manager, Retail Team||Product Management||Ottawa, Canada|
|Senior Product Manager, International Team||Product Management||Toronto, Canada|
|Senior Product Manager - Fulfillment and Logistics||Product Management||Ottawa, Canada|
|Senior Technical Product Manager - Data||Product Management||Ottawa, Canada|