About the role
Shopify has redefined commerce. We’ve raised the standard for how businesses of all sizes operate, market, and sell their products and services. With 1 million merchants in more than 175 different countries, we continue to grow while looking for innovative ways to impact the market.
As a Senior Product Manager Lead for the Logistics team, you will be responsible for defining and driving the product vision, strategy and plan differentiation that enables the best experiences for our merchants, their customers and our partners. You’ll identify new problems and opportunities, and work across the company to create scalable solutions. You will be growing and leading a group of product managers focused on order management and fulfillment in the core Shopify product and platform. You will lean on your leadership and collaboration skills as you work closely with engineering, data, and UX teams to create compelling experiences, design systems, and shared features. As we scale, we need both craft and people leadership. As a leader, you are expected to not only develop your team but also further the craft of product management at Shopify.
The Logistics group in Shopify builds solutions to help merchants manage their orders, fulfillment, and inventory all in one place - a mission control for their back office. We care deeply about our merchants’ ability to fulfill their orders quickly and accurately so that their customers get an amazing purchase experience. With your help, we will enable merchants and anyone developing on the Shopify platform to move even faster.
We care about growing creative, collaborative people, and strong, capable teams. Your product management peers have diverse backgrounds, skill sets, and stories but share an established track record of delivering impactful products that merchants love.
You’ll be doing things like:
- Defining and guiding long term product strategy and vision across multiple product teams.
- Identifying customer and market problems and turning those insights into products that delight merchants and their customers.
- Enabling your teams to work on fast iterative projects that execute on the product strategy.
- Collaborating with designers, developers, marketers, and customers. You get to be a team player, coach, and referee all-in-one.
- Defining measurable success metrics, and drive alignment for all product efforts to those measures.
- Living and breathing segmentation – we work for merchants of all sizes and types.
- Working and communicating with stakeholders from multiple disciplines and product teams.
- Continue to hire and nurture top talent for the product teams.
You’ll need to have:
- Experience supporting the creation and development of successful technology or commerce products.
- A growth and entrepreneurial mindset. This means thriving in chaos, and getting stuff done.
- Empathy for the merchant and a genuine excitement for solving merchant problems.
- Experience using data to successfully inform your decision-making and measure your outcomes.
- Capability to make good decisions quickly that help your team do the same.
- The ability to take a strategy and translate it to actionable tasks.
- Experience leading other Product Managers and growing successful teams.
- Exceptional communication skills. You can get people excited about any complex problem.
- Be passionate about commerce, shipping, fulfillment, and delivery.
It would be excellent if you had:
- Experience managing products. It doesn’t matter so much what your job title was, so long as you have hands-on experience creating and leading technology products.
- We love to see experience founding and running your own company, building your own products from scratch or building and growing a SaaS product.
- Experience working on platform or API products.
- Experience in Fulfillment, Warehousing or Inventory Management would be an asset.
We know that looking for a new role can be both exciting and time-consuming, and we truly appreciate your effort. Alexa is an actual real live person (👋🏻) and is looking forward to learning more about you and your interest in joining our team.
Closing date: December 5th at 4PM (EDT).
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
|Senior Product Manager - Fulfillment and Logistics||Product Management||Ottawa, Canada|
|Product Manager - Onboarding - Shopify Fulfillment Network||Product Management||Ottawa, Elgin - HQ|
|Product Manager - Data Science & Engineering||Product Management||Ottawa, Canada|
|Product Manager - Experts Marketplace||Product Management||Ottawa, Elgin - HQ|
|Lead Product Manager, Billing - Financial Solutions||Product Management||Ottawa, Canada|
|Senior Product Manager, Merchant Risk||Product Management||Ottawa, Montreal|