About the role
Shopify is the operating system of merchant’s businesses. Early on, we made the decision to build a Partner & Developer ecosystem to help merchants meet their unique needs by installing apps or hiring services. Commerce is so vast and each merchant has such unique needs that we rely on these ecosystems to allow merchants to customize Shopify to their needs. Partners and developers earn money for their activities and contributions to the Shopify ecosystem based on the program they are a part of.
The partner payments team is a critical part of the ecosystem. Its mission is to ensure partners get paid for the merchant value they create in the ecosystem in a transparent, efficient, robust and compliant manner. We need you to help grow the billing and payments system in its underlying functionality and infrastructure to serve our growing partner and developer base’s crucial business needs. This is an exciting opportunity as you’ll solve tough problems while making a massive impact on merchants and the whole partner and developer ecosystem.
You'll be doing things like:
- Shape the next generation of payments and payouts technology that serves the crucial needs of our ever-growing base of partners and developers
- Define the product roadmap and execute by solving problems that help developers and partners easily receive payouts through reconciliation and accounting
- Understand the needs of partners, developers, merchants and buyers, prioritize problems, and continuously build and pivot based on feedback from internal and external stakeholders
- Partner and align with various cross-functional partners such as product managers, UX, content strategy, engineering, marketing, operations, data science, finance, tax, legal, partner management to ensure we solve the right problems by building the right solutions at the right time
We're looking for someone who has:
- Experience in Product Management or in a similar role at high-growth technology companies building products at scale; having platform or marketplace experience is a plus
- Knowledge of financial products, finance, accounting and taxes
- Experience shipping and iterating on products with clear success metrics to external or internal users, while working with a team of designers, developers and go-to-market teams
- An understanding of building and maintaining a healthy team through clear goals, ways of working and an understanding of what success is
- Prioritization and communication skills to help make tough product decision and help ensure the team is solving the biggest user problems/opportunities
- Ability to collaborate with stakeholders to resolve deadlocks, present feasible options and drive agreement towards a solution
- Comfortable rolling up your sleeves, thriving in chaos, and getting things done
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce around the world, send us your application! We’d love to hear how you think you can make an impact.
This posting will close on Tuesday, July 7, 2020, at 12:00pm EST.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Not what you’re looking for? Check out these similar roles.
|Product Director, Shop Pay||Product Management||Americas|