Senior Product Manager - Point of Sale
Toronto or Ottawa
Product Managers at Shopify work with our customers, Engineering, UX, and other internal teams to decide what products we build and why we build them. They are the glue that unites all aspects of a product under a single, cohesive vision. They create value for over 375,000 businesses in approximately 150 countries.
Shopify is a fast-moving and entrepreneurial place to work where you'll be collaborating with some talented folks. Your colleagues on the product team will be people who have founded companies, developed successful products from scratch, and have established track records of getting shit done.
This is a leadership position based in Toronto or Ottawa. In 2013 we launched Shopify POS, a fully integrated point of sale system to bridge the gap between offline and online retail. Now we’re looking for a seasoned PM with vision to take our offering to the next level. You would work with teams across Shopify’s offices to define the future of our point of sale software experience, hardware integrations, and developer ecosystem.
Join Shopify to help us make commerce better for everyone and to do your life's best work.
You’ll need to:
- Have many years of experience managing products. It doesn’t matter so much what your job title was, so long as you have hands-on experience creating and leading tech products. We’re looking for people who have recognized market opportunities and customer needs - and turned them into products that have delighted real users.
- Be genuinely excited about solving customer problems
- Empathize with the user and use data to inform product decisions
- Default to action and help your team do the same
- Be a team player, coach, and referee all-in-one
- Have great communication skills
- Work well with stakeholders from multiple disciplines
- Be a problem solver
- Collaborate with designers, developers, marketers, and customers
- POS systems
- Commerce, payments, or retail
- Full-time entrepreneurship
- Running an ecommerce business
- Product growth and marketing (If this is what you're most passionate about, then you may be interested in the Product Growth Manager role)
- Some of the following industries: UX and design, commerce, payments, retail
It would be great if you had experience with:
Here's how to apply:
Shopify is a product company, and we like our application process to reflect that. If you want to help us take our POS to the next level, give the product a try by signing up for a free trial and setting up a store. It doesn’t have to be anything fancy. Just be creative, have fun, and see first hand what it is like to use the product.
Please include a link to your trial store in your application. We want to see something that shows us why you really want to work here.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Product jobs are posted.