About the role
Shopify is on a mission to make commerce better for everyone
Over the next 10 years, the retail world will change at a fundamental level. Every store will need an e-commerce website. Customers will expect flexible options of where and how to buy: in-store or online, delivered or for pick-up. It’s an incredibly exciting time for this industry, and Shopify is right at the center of it.
The opportunity to shape how commerce works all over the world is in our hands. We have a huge playground to work with, and we’ve already proven that we can move faster than anyone else. But right now we’re only part of the way there. To continue building the future of commerce, we need your help.
The product opportunity
In a world where merchants are increasingly omnichannel, in person retail is a huge part of our mission.
Retail is changing almost as fast as the consumer technologies around us. We want to help small retailers out-compete major brands at a fraction of the cost of big, clunky enterprise systems. The small retailer of the future won’t spend hours in multiple tools, trying to make sense of annoyingly disparate data sets - spreadsheets, back office software, paper logbooks, back-office systems, etc. They’ll rely on a small number of deeply integrated, easy-to-use software tools that present customer and sales insights from wherever they are - in front of a laptop or on the go - saving them time and freeing them to focus on the things that matter.
What Will I Be Doing?
- You will be a cornerstone PM in a team that is growing rapidly
- Building products that directly drive the growth in the point-of-sale arena of the retail business
- Communicating and working with your team and stakeholders across Shopify to build incredible omnichannel merchant and customer experiences
- Owning the conception, build, and launch of tech products with an accomplished engineering and design team
- Improving the businesses of merchants on both hardware and software fronts
What Experience Do I Need?
- Multiple years of experience in a Product Manager role, preferably at a fast-paced tech company
- Owning a product build from conception through to launch
- The ability to articulate a problem statement with exceptional clarity
- Delivering communication of product decisions and the rationale behind them. Being comfortable in making decisions without consensus. You should be a force multiplier who can help others make decisions
- You’re entrepreneurial; you don’t need direction; you're self driven
- Experience building self-service products a plus
Please note this posting will close on Friday, September 20th at 5pm EDT.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
|Technical Product Manager Lead - Trust||Product Management||Ottawa, Canada|
|Senior Technical Product Manager - Data||Product Management||Ottawa, Canada|
|Senior Product Manager - Data - Shopify Fulfillment Network||Product Management||Ottawa, Toronto|
|Product Manager, Merchant Risk||Product Management||Ottawa, Montreal|
|Lead Product Manager, Billing - Financial Solutions||Product Management||Ottawa, Canada|
|Product Manager - Ecosystem Integrity, Platform||Product Management||Ottawa, Elgin - HQ|
|Senior Product Manager - Fulfillment and Logistics||Product Management||Ottawa, Canada|
|Product Manager - Capital||Product Management||Ottawa, Canada|