About the role
Shopify has redefined commerce. We’ve raised the standard for how businesses of all sizes operate, market, and sell their products and services. With 1 million merchants in more than 175 different countries, we continue to grow while looking for innovative ways to impact the market.
The sales taxes team’s mission is to help merchants configure, calculate, report, and remit their sales tax obligations in a way that is simple, clear, and accurate on the Shopify platform. This ranges from small merchants selling in a single location to larger businesses conducting commerce in multiple countries, currencies, product categories, and jurisdictions. Distilling the complexity of sales taxes into something approachable for our merchants is a cornerstone in helping our merchants grow successfully.
As a Senior Product Manager for the Sales Tax team, you will be responsible for defining and driving the product vision, strategy and plan differentiation that enables an elegant sales tax workflow for our merchants, their customers and our partners. You will work together with a talented cross-discipline team made up of designers, researchers, developers and data scientists to help define, build and measure the success of our products across web and mobile. Additionally, the role of the Sales Taxes PM is part of a larger team of peer PMs who collaborate and contribute to the larger Shopify Financial solutions strategy.
We care about growing creative, collaborative people, and strong, capable teams. Your product management peers have diverse backgrounds, skill sets, and stories but share an established track record of delivering impactful products that merchants love.
- Defining, guiding and executing the vision and product strategy for the Sales Taxes team
- Identifying customer and partner problems and turning those insights into products that delight partners, merchants, and their customers
- Collaborating with UX, data, and engineering teams on a day-to-day basis to build iterative, high-quality products
- Working with legal, tax experts, and finance to understand the latest tax regulatory requirements impacting our merchants.
- Working and communicating with stakeholders from multiple disciplines and across multiple parts of Shopify
Relevant Experience to the role:
- Experience with any of the following fields: Taxes, Accounting, Payments
- Experience supporting the creation and development of products and APIs for a diverse merchant base.
- Experience working on platforms with numerous touchpoints and dependencies with other product teams.
- Experience creating elegant products and solutions at the intersection of user problems, regulations, and policy
- Empathy for the merchant and genuine excitement for solving merchant problems
- Exceptional communication skills. You can get people excited about any complex problem.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work, and we truly value your time. We look forward to reading your application.
Our Mobility team supports visas and relocation, so even if you are far away, consider applying!
Job posting closing date: Friday, May 22nd (noon) EDT.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.