About the role
A couple of weeks ago, we launched the Shop app, a digital shopping assistant that combines the power of Arrive and Shop Pay. Shop Pay is our own accelerated checkout product launched in 2017. It has made waves with over 40M buyers using Shop Pay regularly to purchase from Shopify stores.
A seamless checkout process is essential for fast conversions and a better buying experience. When buyers find something they love online, nothing takes the wind out of their sails like filling in a ton of fields at checkout. Frictionless commerce is an integral part of our strategy which is why we built Shop Pay and support Apple Pay, Google Pay, and PayPal. Since it's launch 3 years ago, Shop Pay quickly became the fastest and best-converting Checkout Experience on the Internet.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager who is passionate about the payment industry to continue growing the product.
In this role, you will own the Shop Pay product strategy and be responsible for growing it into one of the largest wallets in the Shopify ecosystem while working across dedicated engineering, UX and marketing teams. You will work externally with merchants to simplify and speed up checkout and give their customers the best buying experience in the world.
Requirements for the role:
- A strong understanding of and experience working in the product management discipline
- Experience building out products at scale
- A proven track record of success in driving the development of software products at a high-growth technology company
- Ability to define and prioritize initiatives while working cross-functionally, and managing complex stakeholder relationships
- Experience collaborating with designers, developers, marketers, and customers in an agile environment
- A strong sense of empathy with the customer and using data to inform product decisions
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work across multiple projects, align on goals, and deliverables
- An entrepreneurial and strong growth mindset - you roll up your sleeves, thrive in chaos, and get things done.
Nice to have (not must haves!):
- Understand the commerce, retail and payment technology landscapes
You'll get to do things like:
- Obsessively understand customer needs for online purchasing and deliver the world’s best product to match that
- Own the roadmap that will turn the vision into reality and oversee its execution
- Work collaboratively with UX and engineering teams on a day to day basis to drive results
- Collaboratively bring new ideas and ways of thinking to the team Challenge existing assumptions and think from first principles
- Work across multiple disciplines and stakeholders including design, engineering, marketing and customers
Laura and Richard are looking forward to reading your application!
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time! We’re looking forward to reviewing your application.
Applications will close at noon EST on June 5.