About the role
Shopify has redefined commerce, raising the standard for how businesses of all sizes operate, market, and sell their products and services. With over 1 million merchants in more than 175 different countries, powered by the most innovative platform on the market, we continue to grow rapidly while constantly looking for new ways to impact and disrupt markets.
The product team is growing, and we're looking for some seasoned Product Managers to join the Shopify Plus team in our Waterloo office.
Product Management at Shopify is a hands-on role. You’ll work with merchants and their customers to help identify problem areas that Shopify should solve. You’ll work with Engineering, UX, and other internal teams to decide what products we build and why we build them. Product Managers are the glue that unites all aspects of a product under a single, cohesive vision. They are passionate and entrepreneurial. They have founded their own companies, taken successful products to market, and established a track record of getting things done at scale.
You Should Have:
- A strong understanding of and experience working in the product management discipline
- Experience building out products at scale
- A proven track record of success in driving the development of software products at a high-growth technology company
- Ability to define and prioritize initiatives while working cross-functionally, and managing complex stakeholder relationships
- Experience collaborating with designers, developers, marketers, and customers in an agile environment
- A genuine excitement for solving customer problems and strong sense of empathy with the customer
- A keen interest in using data to inform product decisions
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work across multiple projects, align on goals, and deliverables
- An entrepreneurial mindset - you roll up your sleeves, thrive in chaos, and get things done
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work, and we truly value your time. We look forward to reading your application. Our Mobility team supports visas and relocation, so even if you are far away, consider applying!
We will accept applications for this position until end of day Friday February 28.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.