Senior Product Marketing Lead - Shipping Services
New York, Ottawa, Toronto
Shopify has redefined commerce, raising the standard for how companies of all sizes sell and ship their products online and off. We strive to make commerce better and accessible for everyone by eliminating operational barriers so entrepreneurs have the tools to thrive and compete against big brands.
We are looking for someone to join our Shipping Services team as a Senior Product Marketing Lead, driving global growth for all the total platform Shipping value. You have a passion for marketing, are very data-driven, can create and execute a global vision for growth, and can strategically position new and existing products.
You’ll need to have:
- 7+ years in a marketing, product marketing, or product role
- A strong understanding of marketing B2B and B2B2C SaaS products
- Experience helping drive global business and product strategy
- Experience marketing to the small business market
- Experience with a growth company or a growth business within a non-growth company
- A strong interest in becoming a product expert, and a passion in the latest technologies
- Experience using data/analytics to measure the impact of your work in the context of the total business strategy
- The ability to thrive in chaos and think quickly on your feet
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with great attention to detail
- A resourceful attitude and negotiation skills - you'll be working with a lot of different teams across Shopify and external partners
It'd be great if you also had:
- Experience working in ecommerce
- Experience working in the shipping and/or fulfillment industry
- Experience using Shopify or any ‘like’ eCommerce platforms is a plus
You'll get to do things like:
- Help lead and define global strategy for driving platform-wide growth for Shipping Services
- Influence the products we’re building through market analysis, competitive research and developer feedback
- Launch and drive adoption of merchant and consumer facing products by defining the target segments, messages and channels
- Work across teams including Product Management, Marketing, Ops, Support and Sales to drive growth success
- Drive cross-functional alignment through product development and creatively execute the go to market process, tracking success metrics accordingly
- Own reporting and analysis of product marketing metrics, drive for results with the use of data
- Develop product positioning that differentiates products and features by understanding merchant and partner needs, product roadmap, market trends, and competitive forces
Here's how to apply:
If you're interested in this position please click "Apply Now" and we'll be in touch with you. Please make out your cover letter to Greg Thorpe and let us know why you're interested in working at Shopify.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Marketing & Growth jobs are posted.