Senior Product Marketing Manager, Developer Platform
Shopify has redefined commerce, raising the standard for how companies of all sizes sell their products and services online and off. Shopify’s platform has a thriving third party developer ecosystem, building thousands of apps for over 377,500 Shopify merchants in more than 150 different countries. Shopify is the most innovative platform on the market; we continue to grow rapidly while constantly looking for new ways to impact and disrupt markets.
We are looking for someone to join our Product Marketing team as a Senior Product Marketing Manager, bringing developer facing products to market. You have a passion for marketing and growing Shopify through the launching, positioning and strategic marketing of new and existing developer products. You've worked with developer platforms, launches, and developer communities and evangelism. You may even be an ex-developer.
You’ll need to have:
- Extensive experience in a marketing, product marketing, or product role
- A strong understanding of marketing developer products
- Comfortable with APIs, SDKs, and basic programming concepts
- A strong interest in becoming a product expert, and a passion in the latest technologies
- Technical writing experience or experience in a technical role is a plus
- Experience using Shopify is a plus
- The ability to thrive in chaos and think quickly on your feet
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with great attention to detail
- A resourceful attitude and negotiation skills - you'll be working with a lot of different teams across Shopify and external partners
It'd be great if you also had:
- Experience working in a start up, ecommerce or the tech industry - it's important to understand our platform and the products we deliver
- Built an app before. Extra points if it was on Shopify ;)
- A “get shit done” attitude
- A genuine excitement about solving customer problems
- Experience using data/analytics to measure the impact of your work
You'll get to do things like:
- Launch and drive adoption of developer facing products
- Define the messaging, positioning and launch plan for new and existing developer facing products
- Build holistic strategy and influence the products we’re building through market analysis, competitive research and developer feedback
- Drive cross-functional alignment through product development and creatively execute the go to market process, tracking success metrics accordingly
- Own the go to market strategy and enable successful product launches by working across teams including Product Management, Marketing, PR, Support and Sales
- Own reporting and analysis of product marketing metrics, drive for results with the use of data
- Work cross functionally with product and engineering teams, bringing customer needs and pain points to the table to improve the product and developer experience
- Develop product positioning that differentiates products and features by understanding merchant and partner needs, product roadmap, market trends, and competitive forces
Here's how to apply:
If you're interested in this position please click "Apply Now" and we'll be in touch with you. Please make out your cover letter to Heather and let us know why you're interested in working at Shopify.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Marketing & Growth jobs are posted.