About the role
We are looking for a Senior Product Marketing Managers for our Developer Ecosystem team who can help us develop powerful narratives that bring Shopify’s vision of developer products to life, and own its marketing and growth. If you're a product marketer, a content marketer, a growth marketer or an evangelist with an interested in dev products, please get in touch.
The opportunity to shape how commerce works all over the world is in our hands. We have a huge playground to work with, and we’ve already proven that we can move faster than anyone else. But right now we’re only part of the way there. To continue building the future of commerce, we need your help.
You'll get to do things like:
- Work cross-functionally with many different teams and stakeholders to prioritize projects and move developer-facing product initiatives forward.
- With the Product team, develop and launch developer facing products by defining the target segments, messages and channels
- Work across teams including include product, UX, engineering, dev advocacy, partnerships and operations to drive growth success
- Drive cross-functional alignment through product development and creatively execute the go to market process, tracking success metrics accordingly
- Own reporting and analysis of product marketing metrics, drive for results with the use of data
- Develop product positioning that differentiates products and features by understanding merchant and developer needs, product roadmap, market trends, and competitive forces
You'll need to have:
- Extensive experience in a developer marketing, developer product marketing, or developer product management role
- A strong understanding of marketing B2B and B2B2C SaaS products
- The ability to quickly synthesize developer needs and product capabilities into easy-to-understand messages and value propositions
- Experience working with with Channel Leads, Product Managers and UX teams to develop Go to Market plans and
- Experience engaging, contributing, and supporting a marketing team that executes to deliver marketing programs
- Experience with a growth company or a growth business within a non-growth company
- Compelling executive presence and stakeholder management abilities with senior cross functional leaders
- Experience using data/analytics to measure the impact of your work in the context of the total business strategy
- The ability to thrive in chaos and think quickly on your feet
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with great attention to detail
- A resourceful attitude and negotiation skills - you'll be working with a lot of different teams across Shopify and external partners
It would be great if you also had:
- A “get shit done” attitude
- Experience marketing to a highly technical audience
- Experience working in a startup, with platforms, commerce or the tech industry - it's important to understand our platform and the products we deliver
!! Don't stop there. KEEP READING. Important information is below!!
OK, are you excited to apply? Awesome. We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. If you'd like to include a message to the recruiting team, please address it to Paul.
We also want you to answer a challenge question: tell us about your passion for the dev community. Why do you get a kick out of working with them?
Feel free to answer that in the space on this application called "Message to the Hiring Manager" OR, you can include a separate attachment.
Finally, at Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Not what you’re looking for? Check out these similar roles.
|SEO Manager, Plus + Retail||Marketing and Communications||Americas|
|Senior Manager, Demand Generation, Partners||Marketing and Communications||Americas|
|Marketing Strategy and Operations Lead||Marketing and Communications||Americas|
|New York Spaces Junior Technical Support Advisor (IRL)||Marketing and Communications||
New York, United States
|New York Spaces Junior Technical Support Advisor (IRL)||Marketing and Communications||Americas|
|Los Angeles Spaces Technical Support Advisor (IRL)||Marketing and Communications||
Los Angeles, United States
|Quantitative Market Research, Growth Market Insights||Marketing and Communications||