About the role
Shopify is an entrepreneurship company that aims to make commerce better for everyone by leveling the playing field through meaningful technology. Entrepreneurship has been and will always be driven by connections and conversations. That’s why we build conversational products to help Shopify entrepreneurs grow their business and succeed on Shopify. Growing a customer-base from scratch is hard, so we create products to help merchants get more done with less time.
Our engineering team works with the latest technology - constantly improving our codebase to make it better, more scalable, and leaner. We balance merchant impact with engineering complexity to build the right solution and ship multiple times per day. We share a passion for collaboration, solving tough problems with performant code, and giving engineers the creative freedom to make a real difference in the lives of entrepreneurs around the world.
We are looking for a Senior React Native Engineer interested in building performant React Native mobile apps for the Android platform. You will be responsible for architecting and building these applications. React Native is a new and evolving technology at Shopify. Help us shape the way Shopify uses this technology and join us as we make commerce and conversations better for everyone.
- Build great React Native app targeted for the Android mobile platform
- Diagnose and fix bugs and performance bottlenecks for performance that feels native
- Leverage native APIs for integration
- Maintain code and write automated tests to ensure the product is of the highest quality
- You’ve been coding full time for a while now, and you’ve got a successful track record of shipping elegant and scalable code
- Knowledge of React Native, experience with Android will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of Redux
- Familiarity with native APIs for Android
- Familiarity with native build tools, Gradle and Android Studio
- Understand how to work with REST and GraphQL API’s
- Experience with automated testing suites, like Jest
- Knowledge of Kotlin
Is some of this tech new to you? That’s OK! We know not everyone will come in fully familiar with this stack, and we provide support to learn on the job.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Tess is looking forward to reading your application!
This posting will close on Monday, April 6th, 2020 at 9am PST.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
|Mobile Development at Shopify (Expression of Interest)||Engineering and Development||Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Vancouver, Waterloo, New York, San Francisco, Berlin, Stockholm, Vilnius, Singapore, Remote|
|Software Development at Shopify (Expression of Interest)||Engineering and Development||Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Vancouver, Waterloo, New York, San Francisco, Berlin, Stockholm, Vilnius, Singapore, Remote|
|Senior Mobile Engineer||Engineering and Development||San Francisco, United States|