About the role
Shopify knows that Retail isn’t dead - but it is changing and Shopify is at the forefront of that change. When a merchant chooses Shopify to power their retail business, it’s the Retail Supply Chain Management team who will ensure that our products are in the right place, on time, all the time. We take care of the end-to-end supply chain planning by incorporating advanced statistical analysis coupled with deep insights from various cross-functional partners to make the best decisions for the business and minimize risk - it isn’t an easy task!
The Retail Supply Chain Management team has been recently built and we are still formalizing our tasks, tools and processes to do all these great things and we need you to help us really establish the demand planning and management piece! Our team is part of the overall Hardware Solutions team and we are specifically responsible for procurement, supply planning, logistics, demand planning, master data and order management for all retail hardware products available to Shopify merchants globally.
We are looking for someone who knows how to build demand management from the ground-up. You’re super passionate about running demand consensus meetings with key stakeholders, you can build demand planning tools and statistical models from scratch, and you know how to run various scenarios. You have a passion for supply chain and you understand the end-to-end supply chain impacts of demand variability.
As a Senior Retail Demand Planner you will:
- Build demand plans (and scenarios) from scratch leveraging your statistical analytic skills and ability to assess business needs
- Develop necessary KPI’s and reporting models to track and correct performance
- Recommend strategies to manage product life cycles in a fast turning retail industry
- Work closely with other supply chain team members to ensure balance across the entire supply chain
- Support integration of order management with demand plans and financials
- Lead demand review and consensus meetings
Requirements for the role:
- Significant related work experience or equivalent education and experience in planning / forecasting
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, changing and collaborative environment
- Analytical abilities and knowledge of various statistical modeling principles for demand planning
- Experience in S&OP and ERP roll-outs for demand and deep understanding of the principles of demand planning
- Knowledge of basic demand planning KPI’s and measurement methods
- Capable of business and financial analysis
- Strong relationship builder with cross-functional teams and have proven experience gaining insights from abstract places to formulate a solid demand plan
- Professional designation in Supply Chain or Operations (APICS, PLog., etc.)
- Experience planning for multiple international markets
- Some knowledge of supply management
- Knowledge of demand planning in the tech sector
- Some experience with implementation and management of advanced planning systems
- Experience with Oracle NetSuite
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We are looking forward to reading your application!