About the role
Shopify’s Financial Solutions team is focused on helping our 1,000,000+ merchants do even more with their businesses. Our “Money” products play an essential role in a merchant’s success; Shopify Payments is the simplest way to accept payments from shoppers, and Shopify Capital gives entrepreneurs the boost they need to help get their amazing ideas off the ground or take their business to the next level. This is where you come in.
We’re looking for a highly driven person to join our newly-formed Revenue Operations team. The RevOps team sits in the centre of our organization, linking together all the different functional groups both strategically and operationally. As a Senior Revenue Operations Analyst, you will work closely with key teams like Sales and Marketing, to enhance the productivity of these teams through insights and analytics. This is an exciting opportunity to be one of the first members of a small and fast-growing team making a big impact. You will play an integral role in shaping how we build out RevOps for our Financial Solutions group.
- Make an impact; you will be responsible for highly visible and strategic projects within Shopify Financial Solutions (e.g. growth strategy, strategic planning, marketing and sales operations), usually working with team members from across the business such as marketing, sales, product, engineering, finance, support, etc.
- Learn and Grow quickly; as the business and team scale, you will grow and mature in how you operate and the impact you have
- Be an expert; the team will look to you for your deep subject matter expertise, whether insights in the sales pipeline, talking about our metrics, an insight you’ve discovered, or your understanding of the financial solutions market
- Build for the long-term; you will work with Senior Leaders to craft an ambitious strategy and set of priorities for Shopify Financial Solutions
- Bring a data-informed approach; you will create dashboards and scorecards, and discover interesting and compelling insights and stories that drive performance improvement
Requirements for the role
- Experience in revenue/sales/business operations
- Experience in building out sales forecasts and pipeline management
- Must be a self-starter, able to work independently and possess strong organization and time management skills to drive insights without all the information/data readily available
- Experience with data-based story-telling and decision-making, exercising good judgement in ambiguous circumstances, and effectively communicating across a diverse team.
- A mentality that no project is too big or too small to give your full 100%. Will not hesitate to roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
- Exceptional communication, analytical, project management and organization skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to build relationships, manage stakeholders, and create a strong working partnership across teams.
- Strong story building and Powerpoint/Excel/data management skills, SQL proficiency highly preferred
- Experience in using Salesforce (i.e., reporting, dashboarding, etc.)
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Bharti is looking forward to reading your application. This posting will close on 25th September at 12:00 pm EST (UTC-4). You will hear back from us regardless of outcome within 3 weeks of your application.