About the role
REMOTE - NORTH AMERICA
About the team
Within the Shopify Trust Team, the Commerce, Trust & Integrity Team is committed to making commerce better for everyone. Our work includes developing solutions to prevent, detect and mitigate bad actors as well as developing tooling to scale and streamline complex workflows. We collaborate with teams across Shopify to understand areas of risk and take steps to prevent it. Our mandate is challenging, varied and constantly evolving.
To support our mandate we are looking to add a Senior Risk Data Analyst to identify risk vectors and leverage data creatively to figure out why they exist, and how best to address them. This role will collaborate closely with our Data Science team, as well as Product, Engineering and Operations partners to turn insights into effective risk mitigation solutions.
How to Apply:
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We’d love to hear an example from your past experience where you used data to solve a problem, describe your approach and outcome. Please respond in the “Notes to the Hiring Manager” section of the application.
- Develop and monitor key fraud & risk metrics in partnership with Product, Policy & Data teams
- Build monitoring and alerting to track the impact and continued effectiveness of platform controls
- Use data to quantify, prioritize and conduct root cause analysis of risk vectors through detailed analysis and testing. Report out on findings and recommendations
- Generate insights to inform targeted prevention & mitigation strategies across Product, Engineering, Data, Policy and Operations teams
- Work with Data Science in the development of models and analytics to detect bad actors
- Evaluate multiple data sets to surface patterns of fraud and risk
Requirements for the role:
- A Bachelor's degree in a related field, and/or commensurate work experience. Experience with fraud & risk management is strongly preferred
- Proficiency leveraging large datasets to drive business decisions
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills using data to identify gaps, and surface mitigation opportunities
- Advanced SQL, Python and experimentation experience
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, exemplified through effective data storytelling
- Ability to dive-in to day-to-day workings of multiple teams and understand the full scope of their functions and responsibilities
- Endless curiosity and an ability to think outside the box
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is thisclose to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
This posting will close on Monday, June 13th
Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our Sustainability Reports to learn more about Shopify’s commitments to our communities, and our planet.
At Shopify, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
How we hire
Not what you’re looking for?Check out these similar roles.
|Infrastructure Security Engineering/Development Manager (Remote, Americas)||Trust and Security||Americas|
|Manager, Fraud Operations||Trust and Security||Americas|
|Engineering Program Manager - Trust Assurance, Compliance (Remote, Americas)||Trust and Security||Americas|
|Engineering Program Manager - Zero Trust Security (Remote, Americas)||Trust and Security||Americas|
|Engineering Program Manager - Trust Partnerships (Remote, Americas)||Trust and Security||Americas|
|Manager, Application Security Engineering (Remote, Americas)||Trust and Security||Americas|
|(Staff/ Senior) Infrastructure Security Engineer (Remote, Americas)||Trust and Security||Canada|