About the role
At Shopify, our business operations run in the cloud and we have a diverse landscape of scalable SaaS-based applications, complemented by custom developed applications. As Shopify continues to grow, we need to scale our operations quickly. We are constantly building, rethinking, and evolving our business systems to become more efficient, generating leverage so we can do more, with less. As a Senior Salesforce Developer on our Business Systems team, you’ll be providing expertise in object-oriented design patterns for CRM development, with a working understanding of Agile methodology and the software development lifecycle. You’ll be focused on Salesforce.com implementation, bug fixes, and maintenance of our sales and marketing solutions.
Requirements for the role:
- A creative problem solver. You can craft a solution using both custom development and purchased applications (with solid knowledge and usage of AppExchange).
- A team oriented personality. You can easily build relationships and collaborate cross-functionally across the business.
- An analytical mindset. You can quickly understand and analyze various approaches and processes instantly. You have the ability to drill down to the details, obtaining the right level of specificity.
- A solid communication style. You are concise, on point and effective. You can communicate technical details clearly to any level of audience.
- An ability to thrive on change. You crave a fast-paced environment where change is constant. You are able to adapt and navigate any situation you dive into.
- Experience with software development tools such as GIT, IDE, and metadata API.
- Deep Salesforce Expertise. You can build Lightning components, develop on the Salesforce platform (Apex classes, triggers and Visualforce), have experience with asynchronous coding in Apex (batchable, schedulable, future), and can build custom as well as standard controllers in Visualforce. Plus, you have the SFDC certifications to prove it (DEV401, Platform Developer 1).
It’d be great if you have experience with:
- Developing in Ruby and Python
- Other Enterprise SaaS applications/platforms: Workday, Zendesk, iPaaS products, Twilio, etc.
- Design and develop solutions on the Salesforce.com platform in Apex, to increase productivity and enhance customer experience
- Identify complex problems in building out the Salesforce platform, and create solutions to resolve them
- Develop Visualforce Pages and Lightning Components
- Develop integrations with 3rd party applications and other tools
- Provide day-to-day Salesforce platform support to internal users of the platform
- Be part of our on-call schedule for Salesforce support (we use PagerDuty)
- Write technical approach and design documentation to support our business needs
- Ensure that all necessary changes on the Salesforce platform are documented, reviewed, tested, and approved before being deployed
- Keep your knowledge current on new Salesforce features and functionality, and integrate this into what you build
Tools of our Trade:
- Note: if some of this tech is new to you, that's okay! We realise that not everyone has worked with this stack before and provide opportunities for learning as you go.
This posting will close on Tuesday 27th August at 12pm EST. Charles is looking forward to reading your application!
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
|Director of Technical Education, R&D||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Canada|
|Mobile Applications - Security Engineering Lead||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Canada|
|Production Engineer - Storefront Rendering||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Elgin - HQ|
|Senior Developer||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Canada|
|Senior Web Developer (Shopify Web)||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Canada|
|Senior Infrastructure Engineers||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, Waterloo, Remote UTC -3 to UTC -7 time|
|Welcome Back||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Canada|
|Development Manager - Multiple Roles||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Canada|
|Senior Web Developer - Vault Tools||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Canada|
|Director of Security Engineering||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Canada|
|Senior Web Developer||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Canada|
|Production Engineer||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Waterloo|
|Production Engineering - Database Engineer - Datastores||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, Waterloo, Remote UTC -3 to UTC -7 time|
|Senior Mobile Developer - iOS||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Canada|
|Senior Developers and Managers - Shipping Services||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Canada|
|Staff Security Developer - Internal Security||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Canada|