Senior Salesforce Developer
Anywhere in Canada
We are looking for a Salesforce Developer who will help us drive the implementation of our CRM and its utilization across the organization. Working with the CRM Project manager and other stakeholders, you will help design and implement end-to-end solutions for Shopify. As the Senior Developer, you will be the subject matter expert when it comes to the deeply technical aspects of our Salesforce instance
The successful candidate will bring knowledge and expertise to the role. But that is only part of the gig. You have to multiply your skill-set by helping make the rest of the CRM team better. Ideally that comes naturally to you and you feel rewarded doing that. You should have a passion for software development, driving code quality, taking ownership of new problems and challenges, and be able to think through and solve complex issues in a collaborative manner.
What you’ll be doing:
- Managing the deeply technical aspects of our Salesforce implementation
- Developing and maintaining Visualforce, Apex, and Integration tools to other third party solutions
- Building Lightning components
- Understanding the role Lightning can play in future projects
- Adding input to larger architecture discussions
- Teaching. Multiplying your skill-set to the rest of our team
- Drawing logic diagrams to share ideas and enable collaboration with the rest of the team
- Implementing feature sets using standard and custom objects, workflows, triggers, user roles, security, profiles, workflow rules, email alerts and templates, and campaigns.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Full-stack Force.com platform developer
- 3-5 years of Salesforce Developer experience; Salesforce.com Dev 501/401 certification preferred
- Experience with Apex Triggers, Batch Classes and @Future Methods, Controllers
- Calling REST web services from Apex, generating and parsing JSON in Apex
- Effective Apex unit testing, including web service mocking
- Building Managed Packages and patch releases
- Understanding effective use of Git with managed package versioning
- In-depth knowledge of platform Governor Limits and workarounds
- Visualforce Pages and Components
- Visualforce Remoting
- Ruby experience is a plus
- Experience with Lightning user interface and building Lightning components
- Proficient with Unix Tools, shell scripting (Bash, Perl, Python, etc.), SQL queries, PL/SQL, and SQL*Loader; or equivalent
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. You can address the cover letter to Dustin.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Engineering jobs are posted.