Senior Software Developer - Shopify Partnerships
The Shopify Partnerships group is focused on building solutions to help start, simplify, and scale the businesses of all partners and merchants working with the Shopify platform. We build, scale and operate systems in all shapes and sizes. From mission-critical merchant-facing services like the App Store, Theme Store, and Experts, to the home and dashboard for the Shopify Partner program, to various system integrations developed with strategic-partners such as Google, Uber and Intuit.
As an engineer for Shopify Partnerships, you’ll build long-term product vision and own its implementation. You and other engineers will design and build data-driven technology to improve the lives of partners and merchants, both large and small. You’ll work with strategic partners throughout multiple industries to radically improve how Shopify merchants and partners run and grow their businesses.
You’ll need to have:
- A commitment and drive for quality, excellence and results
- A passion for helping growing development teams and making others better
- Experience with Ruby on Rails and SQL or the desire to learn them quickly
- Experience building backend web services and familiarity with frontend web development
It’d be great if you have experience with, or would love to learn about:
- Any of: business analytics; full-text search; ranking or matching; ecommerce
- Scaling web services, particularly those using and analyzing large amounts of data
- Building innovative products and features integrated with existing systems
- Recruiting outstanding engineers and building a world-class technical team
You’ll be working on things like:
- Designing and building innovative features that are driven by web scale data
- Collaborating with other Shopify leaders, executives and external partners to provide more features to merchants and partners
- Growing the Shopify Partnerships organization both through internal development and external hiring
- Learning and growing constantly to feed your passion for self-improvement and make those around you better
How to Apply📄 ➡️ 📬
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of partnerships at Shopify, click the “Apply Now” button to submit your application. Please address your application to Kayla.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Engineering jobs are posted.