Senior Software Engineer
Development at Shopify
At Shopify, we’re focused on building products at scale and tools that help our merchants grow their businesses. Our Development team is shaping the future of commerce by enabling internal and external developers to integrate with all parts of Shopify.
In practice, our teams collectively:
- Deliver a top notch fully functional Retail experience
- Expand the merchant’s reach to a wider purchasing audience through marketing technology and sales channels
- Power our partner community to build rich applications for our merchants
- Build out merchant management experiences and conversational interfaces to power autonomous labor 🚀
We are looking for a teammate that is excited to design and build new product features and/or core platform work to drive merchant and partner growth. It’s important that we are building our team for the long term; We are extremely eager to hire for inclusion. We strive for balanced teams because we know this will have a huge impact on innovation and quality.
What’s being built at Shopify’s offices:
- Resource Feedback API
- Marketing Event API
- Storefront API
- Shopify Mobile and Mobile Foundations
- Shopify Point of Sale
A few things we want you to have:
- Strong foundation of design principles, especially when it relates to platform development in the areas of API, data modelling, and scale.
- A mindset for long-term solutions; you’ll need to assess system wide impacts that ensure the product evolves in the right way.
- A passion and curiosity to constantly learn new things; Shopify changes fast, and we need people who work here to be able to change and learn fast too.
- History of establishing great relationships with other teams, across offices, and especially at the leadership level.
- Affinity for mentorship; you’ll help developers grow to become senior contributors, and establish new mandates that will enable senior developers to take on technical leadership roles.
Here's how to apply:
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. Please address your cover letter to Leah Pollock.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your background is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying, even if you aren’t able to check every box above. We are dedicated to diversity and providing an inclusive workplace for all and especially encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Engineering jobs are posted.