Senior Software Engineer (Experiential/Games)
At Shopify Toronto, we’re focused on building products at scale and tools that help our merchants grow their businesses. Our development team is shaping the future of commerce by enabling internal and external developers to integrate with all parts of Shopify.
In this specific role as a software engineer you’ll have the ability to develop and shape what Shopify and gaming looks like! What would it look like to sell real world goods in your favourite game? This role is a perfect blend of game systems development, software engineering, and scrappy prototyping.
The main focus will be on building systems to aid game developers incorporate Shopify into their games; however, since selling real world goods in game is rare (and a new territory altogether!) you’ll be expected to invent new systems to aid game developers empower their users.
A few things we'd like you to have:
- Extensive experience developing/prototyping games using C#/C/C++
- Experience with game engines (Unity, Unreal, Frostbite, etc)
- Strong 3D math skills
- Some experience with Ruby is an asset
- Familiarity with the asset pipeline (file format import, conversion, etc.)
- Passion around gaming and game development
- The ability to be scrappy and build quick prototypes to prove/disprove ideas
- Nice to have experience extending the Unity Editor
- Experience with Objective C/Swift or Java would be a plus
- Experience with GraphQL would be a plus
Here's a bit more context on the projects our team is tackling:
- Building libraries to help Game/Experiential Developers incorporate Shopify into their applications
- Prototyping new interactions and purchasing methods with Shopify
Some of the people you might work with 👨👨👧👧:
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce at Shopify, click the “Apply Now” button to submit your application. Please address your application to Mikko.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is thisclose to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Engineering jobs are posted.